Sat, Sep 21, 9:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: WIP V3 character please comment

Kelmar ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 11:24 PM ยท edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 7:48 AM

file_57149.jpg

I posted this on Sunday in the Gallery. Over 200+ view but only one comment, from my wife. Anyway, this is my first attempt on Morph injection PZ2. Took me a while over the weekend to figure it out. Texture is Montana Skye by TiffT785 and Mahna. Please comment, that's the only way I can improve. :)

TCSP ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 11:44 PM

yeah i doubt 199 of those viewers had a free hand to comment with... i like it... i think the lips are great... i would suggest working her check bones a bit and maybe the eyes too... im not sure, but she doesnt come across as true enough because her upper lip is exgaterated... now im not saying i dont like the upper lip, i do... im saying i do. im also saying maybe the rest of the face doesnt have enough 'personality' compared to the lips too match. the nose is cute, maybe too small and cute. these are all just personal taste though... i think your morphs are great and hope to see more.

kbade ( ) posted Mon, 05 May 2003 at 11:46 PM

I was one of those who looked, but didn't comment, as I thought I had nothing to say. Perhaps what I should have written was that my opinion of it depends on what you hoped to accomplish. As a technical exercise to learn morph injection, she looks attractive, and not overly Vicky, though imho, she has a philtrum problem common to a lot of V3 images (i.e., the width of the indent running from the nose to the upper lip).

If you intended more than that, I would have to say that it doesn't provoke any particular emotion or thought on my part. That could be my problem, of course, but perhaps not. Although you avoided one of my pet peeves, "the poser stare," by having the figure look into the camera, the expression is (again, imho) relatively neutral. It was this sort of thing that caused me to move on rather than comment, because there is a segment of the community that really wants only positive comments, and thus (unless I know the artist is actively seeking constructive criticism) I tend to say something nice or not comment. So if you asked for comments, I regret not having made them in the first instance.

FYI, just as background, my philosophy is that the strength of Poser is the relative ease with which pose and expression can be created. Accordingly, those are the things I tend to gravitate toward in viewing Gallery pics (and in rendering them for that matter). Which is not to say that I'm not impressed by good post-work, hair painting, etc., and one could argue that because Poser does pose and expression easily they should actually be less important than other factors. However, my modest level of talent currently keeps me focused on trying to learn Poser's strengths first, both by vieiwing and rendering.

Kelmar ( ) posted Tue, 06 May 2003 at 11:25 AM

Thank you for your responses.

to kbade:

I'm the same as you when I browse the gallery as well. Sometimes it's just hard to go through all the new pics everyday. Thank you for taking a second look at mine. :)

Kel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.