Mon, Sep 16, 11:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 16 7:48 pm)

Subject: Making a FBM out of FBMs - Help needed

compiler ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 5:08 PM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 5:24 AM

I've got a problem when designing some characters. Usually I use morph setting for each body parts, then combine them by using the "make full body morph" command, so that I can use this full body morph in the Tailor to adapt the clothes to my new character. I recently designed a new character, but this time I used the Vicky FBM settings (young, barabrian, etc...). When I tried to use the "make full body morph" command, Poser 5 did not save any of the modifications made by the FBM, just those that had been set by using the morph dials of each body part separately. I cannot use this in the Tailor, even with the recent beta update : selecting 15 FBM to make a new body morph in the clothes selects in fact 262 different morphs and the Tailor seems to be unable to cope with such a massive rework of the mesh : the dresses I get are not smooth any more. So does anyone know a way to make a FBM out of the combination of several FBMs ? Thanks in advance for any help. Compiler

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 6:41 PM

Hmmm ... spawn a new morph for each body part, then make those into a full-body morph?

bloodsong ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 5:04 PM

heyas; full body morphs only read morph dials. they do NOT read: magnets/magnet dials (or other deformers), body part scaling, or other fbm dials. so, what to do.... erm... hmmm... well, theoretically, you could manually slave other fbm dials to a master dial. however, i have no idea if the tailor would recognize that or know what to do with it. for creating custom master/slave dials.... erm... well, i'm sure there's a procedural around here somewhere (poser technical forum, i mean). basically you create an empty dial for the master, then use the five lines of slave coding (check any morph that's part of an fbm for the specs) in the slave dials, and you're good to go.

compiler ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 5:18 PM

Looks there is no work around for this one. Or may be a Python script that would transfer the parm value of the FBM to the same named body part morphs... Thanks anyway. Compiler

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.