Mon, Oct 21, 8:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 8:28 pm)

Subject: Looking for Spiders & Insects & things

Strixowl ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 7:10 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:03 AM

I'd thought I'd seen almost everything in Poser models but then realized I hadn't seen any Spiders & Insects etc. available. Does anyone know where I might find some? Like Black Widows, Preying Mantis, grasshoppers, misquitoes etc. Even Insect/Human type stuff......... :-)

krimpr ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 7:21 PM

Brycetech has an awesome collection in the marketplace. I found the characters and critters to be very well done and a good deal overall. I'm on the hunt for origional characters too. :)

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 7:43 PM

geralday has a free dragonfly, butterfly, spider, and wasp at Fast3d.

The 4th Party has a free cartoon fly at Combat Bunny.com.

mertext has a scarab, cockroach, and bee in the Marketplace, and a free butterfly, silk moth, and mosquito at MCDesign.

bknoh ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 8:45 PM

Check out the bryce forum, too. Somebody is making a wicked looking mosquito there. Diane

Don ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 8:49 PM

DAZ3D has a mosquito, ant, and honeybee, all appearing to be of high quality.

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 9:31 PM

Attached Link: http://www.surfline.ne.jp/trout/

No Bugs in Poser?!? There's Lottsa bugs in Poser!! (calm down CuriousLabs, not that kind!) Buy all means get Brycetech's set: Ant, bee, wasp, hairy spider, black widow, centiped, cockroach, scorpion, praying manitis. Then for free there's Trout, Trout don't just make Japanese fish ya know: Japanese Jewel Beetle Japanese Dynastid Beetle Hercules Beetle Mayfly Get them here: http://www.surfline.ne.jp/trout/ Then MCDesign has one of the finest free buterflies and I can't remember who made the Admiral Buterfly(?) and someone else just released a new scorpian too (in MP or DAZ?) Heck, Poser is just full of BUGS! ;p

catlin_mc ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2003 at 10:00 PM

Bryce mozzie is made with Bryce primatives I think, so you won't be able to use it in any other program but I'll go ask for you. It's the one major bummer about modelling with Bryce. Catlin

cooler ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 12:19 AM

file_57986.jpg

I have a set of caterpillars, coccoon, & chrysalis available, although I haven't gotten around to posting them anywhere yet. The caterpillars also have ERC, (graciously added by akin :-) If you're interested, drop an email to me at coolerBear@att.net & I'll ship them over (741K zipped)

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 12:25 AM

Also, Nigel (noggin) has some great looking beetles and dragonflys in the MP and he also has a scorpion over at Daz3D :o). Laurie

igohigh ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 12:33 AM

Cool Crawlies Cooler! That reminds me, Traveler made a caterpiller too but it was a PropsClub item, don't know if he has released it elswhere? ALSO Traveler has his Bio-Bugs and I think I saw them in the MP here, or over at RDNA(?) - 2 of them were also in the PropsClub weekly ;p gee, now we need more lizards to gobble these crawlies up! - Noggin, how about an Austrailian Bearded Dragon or Frilled Lizard??!!

Spit ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 12:35 AM

Attached Link: kodesign's bugs

There's a recent set of neat bugs that went into the MP by kodesign. It's on my wishlist.

catlin_mc ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 9:37 AM

The mozzie mentioned in the Bryce forum is made with Br5 primatives and metaballs so it's no use for using in Poser. Catlin

Strixowl ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 10:17 AM

WOW!! Took a look at Brycetec's stuff looks VERY good but a little to pricy for me at this time. Good collection. Looking at the other suggestions. You all are GREAT!! igohigh said: "..now we need more lizards to gobble these crawlies up!" Agree, whose up for it? :-)

Spit ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2003 at 8:21 PM

Noggin has some lizzards!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.