Fri, Sep 20, 1:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser 4

devongrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 4:41 PM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 4:43 AM

Is it me or is it the stupid software ? I have Poser 4 with Propack and the Victoria model. When i try and dress it , say with a pair of her trousers they fit the body in some place and others the bare legs show through ? I mean what gives ?

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 5:06 PM

A) Are you using clothing made for Victoria? (Clothing for the P4 woman - Posette - will not fit properly.) B) Are you conforming the clothes to Victoria? (Figure: Conform.) C) Did you use some morphs on Victoria and not the clothing? D) Do you have Victoria in an extreme pose? (No matter how good the clothing is, you can have a bit of poke-through if the pose is pretty radical.) Cheers!

danny7 ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 5:07 PM

Poser 4 does not have Collision Detection like Poser 5 does. You can either get The Tailor, which is sold by DAZ 3D at www.daz3d.com or you can simply make some of Victoria's body parts invisible if they're not supposed to show at all. I try using The Tailor first. If that doesn't do the job, then I just make the hidden body parts invisible. Good luck!

devongrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 5:24 PM

Sorry guys , those answers just did a 747 straight over my head. I tried to make the clothes conform to the body but they only conform to part of the body and the rest looked like someone had shredded them with a razor blade ? Maybe i need an idiots tuitorial ? Ideas please ?

Axe_Gaijin ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 5:47 PM

First steps firsts guy... Teach people to walk before to run :) There are some tutorials right here on rnederosity Devongrrl. http://www.renderosity.com/tut.ez?Sectionid=12356 Also try reading the FAQ posted right here. http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&FAQ=Y And last but not least try; http://www.ronknights.com/ where you will find some tutorials specificaly aimed at the begining poser user. Those at least should get you started and answer some of your questions. And of course (I know it's boring) read your poser manual there is a lot of information in there that is handy, and actualy this very problem is covered in there aswell. Cheers, Axe.

Sacred Rose ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 6:28 PM

The bare patches are normal, so don't panic. Make sure you go to your character area (top menu bar - scroll through or look in the manual) and turn off IK (Inverse Kinematics) for both of her legs. Then Zero her. When you apply the pants, if they are made specifically for Victoria, they will fit perfectly when you conform them to her. If per chance they don't, then you can go to each of her body parts (the hips, thighs, buttocks etc, and turn them invisible ~ problem solved, no more flesh shining through :)

devongrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 6:46 PM

file_58781.jpg

This is what the problem looks like

Crescent ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 7:01 PM

Okay. It looks to me like you've applied some pose settings to the catsuit itself, in the shoulder and collar area. Try loading Vic and then loading the clothes. Conform the clothes to Vic. Make sure you have Vic selected and apply the pose just to Vic. The catsuit should be zeroed out for movement/rotation settings. If you apply settings like X Rotate to a body part on the catsuit, it will move it X away from the figure it is conforming to. (Pose settings are different from morphs. If you're using body morphs like Heavy on Vic, you may need to set those as well on the catsuit. P4 and PPP sometimes copy morph settings between figures, so that's why I say sometimes you need to set them, not always.) Hope this helps, Cres

Patricia ( ) posted Fri, 16 May 2003 at 11:01 PM

If you decide to go with turning any of Vicki's body parts transparent, do it in View> Hierarchy list, by clicking the 'eye' to the left of each part's name. And don't hesitate to use this little workaround--everybody does ;) BTW, If you make parts invisible in Object>Properties, you may be unable to select them to turn them visible again, if you decide to use another piece of clothing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.