Sat, Sep 21, 4:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: I was told to post this here....

begga ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 6:48 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 11:23 PM

file_59525.jpg

Well, I was told to post this here, but this is Photoshop... or at least painting. I finaly sat down and gave this painting a change, I need some help, like light, shadows.. I get the feeling the dress is kinda lifeless, you know dull. Does it need more shadows or what?

MachineClaw ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 6:52 PM

the blur on the dress is distracting and makes it feel wierd to my eyes. if she is in a white "matrix" room, where is your light source coming from? which direction have you choosen? I like the folds in the dress, but the blur on the flowing part on the left, and the arm on the right are distracting. love the hair. your doing very well for post painting. keep up the good work.

maclean ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 7:17 PM

'I get the feeling the dress is kinda lifeless, you know dull' The dress doesn't need more shadows. It needs some highlights, I reckon. The lack of highlights gives it a very 'matt' look, which in reality, you'd only get with ...um.... what's the name of that fabric? Anyway... whatever... I'd add a few highlights to the fabric. I like it tho'. Looks good. mac

Lyrra ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 9:34 PM

the highlights would definately help. I suggest painting them on a separate layer in pure white. Then set the layer to 'screen' or 'brighten' and adjust opacity to taste. THat will give you more control over editing them. Same for shadows, if you haven't done that already, I mean

tasquah ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 9:47 PM

Attached Link: http://www.hextasy.com/html/PoserStuff/101Tutorials/Clothtut101.html

I agree with Maclean and Lyrra . SinSister has a killer cloth tutorial to help you with at the link i posted. Your about close to step 5 in the tutorial. Your doing great so far begga.

tasquah ( ) posted Wed, 21 May 2003 at 10:00 PM

there is also a freebie by snowsultan and nancy that is 7 photoshop presets for clothing folds you might try. search for "Clothing Fold Styles for Photoshop"

WaxTextures ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 1:57 AM

Thanks for the credit tasquah, but SnowSultan did all the hard work (in PS7), I just 'translated' them to PS6. He did a great job - they come in very, very handy. -Nancy.

SWAMP ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 3:57 AM

file_59527.jpg

You already have shadows...now paint in light. This is very rough...but dress and hair painted with a white brush set at "softlight" and 7% opacity. SWAMP

begga ( ) posted Thu, 22 May 2003 at 5:52 AM

thanks a lot, for all you comment and help. And thanks for the pic Swamp it really helped understanding where the light comes in... BH

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.