Sat, Sep 21, 4:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Problems with objects with multiple materials

Tintifax ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 3:13 AM ยท edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:32 AM

I have made a wall tile consisting of several materials, but it is one object. When importing it, Vue says it cannot read the bump maps (wrong format). So I decided to manually attach them. Problem is, I only see the whole object, but no material groups on the right side. When I want to modify the material, it says the the material of the first chosen object will be assigned to all others, because some of the chosen objects have different materials than others. This leads to a mess. What's the problem? Using Poser 4.0.3.127 German and Vue 4.12 Trial Version.

impish ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 3:29 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1158601

If I understand the problem your describing right you need to go into the material summary (the three little balls icon in the top display) to select the materials to change because they are all attached to a single object. There is information on how to do this at the link I've attached to this message. Hope this helps. Cheers Mark

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

Tintifax ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 12:16 PM

Thanks a lot. I didn't know this 'multiple material handling feature' of Vue until yet. Should be no big deal though. Other thing is the problem with the Bump-Maps. Especially Vicky3 needs a lot of work, if you have to assign the bump maps manually. Is this normal behaviour that the import doesn't work? Thanks - Walter

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 12:38 PM

Walter, if you have Vue 4.12 and import your Poser figure as a pz3 into Vue, every thing comes in perfectly, the textures, bumps and transparencies. If you have a previous version of Vue, you must update for free at www.e-onsoftware.com. With previous versions you will not get it right. Guitta guittalogo.GIF

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 12:40 PM

BTW, it may be if you update to Vue 4.12 that your version changes to an English one. But this again is not a problem, because you can download the GERMAN patch for free at e-on's site too. Just tell us and we always will help you:-) Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 23 May 2003 at 12:43 PM

Hum!!! Maybe the trial version doesn't support correct pz3 import, I don't know????

wabe ( ) posted Sun, 25 May 2003 at 10:14 AM

he hasn't said wether he is on Windows or Mac. Mac still does have problems with .bum files - as far as i remember (i have converted all my bum files to jpgs using GraphicConverter so i am not really up-to-date in this).

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.