Fri, Sep 20, 8:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 7:29 pm)

Subject: Poser render times

tbird10 ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 11:50 AM ยท edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 6:35 AM

file_60108.jpg

Why are they so slow, for single frame output, they are bearable, but for high quality animation, they are a joke. As an example of what can be achieved, this is a single frame render from MotionBuilder from Kaydara. Currently, they are giving away a personal edition which has a completely free licence for 1 year. This is a pure animation package that renders in real time. I have only just begun to look at it but it looks hugely impressive.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 12:51 PM

Sounds good, but... The frame you show is hardly a high poly, realistic figure. Can you import other models (such as DAZ figures) and animate them? And if so, how does the render speed compare?

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

tbird10 ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2003 at 12:57 PM

You can import 3dsmax, lightwave and Maya models, which I haven't done yet, but the render speed is supposed to be the same, 'real time' - the render engine isn't as detailed as Poser5, but it can handle real time particle effects such as smoke and fire, reflection maps and shadow maps. It's primary purpose is for quick and easy animation creation. Have a look at some of the videos at www.kaydara.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.