Sun, Sep 22, 12:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 9:12 am)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Renderosity Arsenal 2

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 3:10 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:22 PM

This is a continuation of ** this thread**. Again, we'd like to invite all our gun modeling enthusiasts to post some wireframe renders (maximum 800 pixels wide only please) of your weapons meshes. - - - - - - - - - - - - - BIG FAT HAIRY DISCLAIMER - Please note that the focus of this thread is on modeling, and does not indicate that these models, or modelers, are in anyway promoting, and/or condoning, war, violence or armed conflict. - - - - - - - - - - - - - Shall we continue? Our last weapon counted was number 83. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter
"If you don't mind, then it don't matter."

Teyon ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 7:31 PM

What's that spell? ..... .....I dunno. :) I don't have a gun but I'm cheering you all on! Go TEAM!

Phlegm_Thrower ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 1:26 AM

working on a new one at the moment... be posting soon :)

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 2:22 PM

file_60843.jpg

Saw this thread earlier, always on the lookout to try new models, and learn more about Wings 3d. Never did a gun before, so for my first gun, I thought I'd try 'the first gun' or 'gonne', around the time of the battle of Crecy. Here 'tis, already posted in 'Hobbyist', but I wanted to get it into my gallery. It's basicly an iron tube on a wooden stock. You put your black powder in, an iron or stone ball, and lit the touch-hole with a slow match. Not much as descruction goes, but it did frighten the horses..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Moebius87 ( ) posted Sun, 01 June 2003 at 9:40 PM

Hellooooo... pakled... Do you mind reposting your gun as a wireframe, please? I dunno about the other modelers, but aside from design, I am very much interested in seeing the underlying wireframe to see how certain bits and nurnies are niggled. Thanks for understanding. Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 02 June 2003 at 9:57 PM

file_60845.jpg

Sorry, here is the 'wireframe', from Wings 3d. I've already smoothed it, so it's a bit more complex looking. Truth be told, it's a hollow cylinder, a cone, and another hollow cylinder for the touch hole. I've been using Wings3d for..oh, gosh, has it been a month already?..;) that's what..10 versions ago?..;) seriously, it's a lot of fun, and is cheating less than Doga..;) I just thought I'd try my hand at it.

VOID ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 11:09 PM

file_60846.jpg

More weapons from me. Shotguns and submachineguns.

VOID ( ) posted Tue, 03 June 2003 at 11:10 PM

file_60847.jpg

And some more. Submachineguns, some pistols, two rifles...

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 04 June 2003 at 10:40 AM

woah..
-Neo, The Matrix..;)
Wonder if anyone's done the MIB arsenal..sounds like a job for Dodger..Dodger?..;)

Moebius87 ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 12:09 AM

Ok folks, with pakled's contribution and VOID's latest arms shipment the official count is now at 109. And we're still counting... :o) Cheers! M

Mind Over Matter

Valandar ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 9:17 PM

Does this only count handheld personal weaponry?

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Valandar ( ) posted Fri, 06 June 2003 at 9:31 PM

file_60848.jpg

Well, here's a couple more... The one on the left is the blaster used in my "Iryana" character in the MP... the other is a soon-to-be freebie based on the Triax TX-41 Ion Pulse Blaster from the game RIFTS.

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.