Fri, Sep 20, 5:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: Vue latest version update?????

kruzr ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 2:14 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:44 AM

Good afternoon all, I know this has been asked, & answered in the past, but I couldn't find the answer where I looked, so I'll ask. I just downloaded the latest upgrade patch "full version 4.12" I did the install of the exe. & now I can't use Vue at all. If I try to open any scene, all the scene windows are black. If I try to create a new scene with a preset starter scene, I get all black windows. My system is: P4 2.53 Gig. / 1024 DDR Ram / MSI Mother board / MSI 128 Graphics card / View Sonic LCD Monitor / running Windows 2000 Pro. All other graphics programs work just fine on my new system, in fact Vue 4 worked fine, til I did the upgrade patch??? I anyone could give some help, I would sure appreciate it, I'd like to start using Vue 4 again. . . Thanks in advance for any help & you have a good one . . . Mark. ;^)

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 2:40 PM

Hi Mark:-) Do you want to say that the 4 windows of Vue are black? Or only the preview windows of the atmospheres, objects etc. ?? Guitta

kruzr ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 2:54 PM

Hi Guitta, 8^) No, not the 4 windows of the Vue 4 main screen, only the small preview windows of the atmospheres, object, etc. Sorry'bout not saying that in the 1st post. ;^) I'll check back in a moment for your answer gabe, thanks in advance . . . . . Mark. ;^)

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 3:01 PM

Mark, To get back the preview windows there are several possibilities. Try the first one: Go in the "scenes" folder and delete the file called "scene.prv". Reload Vue and see if your scenes are back as thumbnails. If yes; I will then expalin the rest. Deleting this file is without any risk, because Vue creates a new one as soon as you call ne of the scenes.

kruzr ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 3:21 PM

I'm sorry Guitta, it didn't work. When I open Vue, & try to create a new scene, all the little preview windows are black. So, I can't go any further with Vue. . . . . Mark. ;^)

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 3:36 PM

So sorry Mark, Have you tried to delete the scene.prv??? Have you put in the env.vue file I've sent you? If it doesn't work this way, save your scenes, save your plants folder somewhere, clean your Register from e-onsoftware and Vue, delete all Vue.reg and Vue.ini files in the Windows folder and re-install from the beginning. Open Vue and use it 1 minute before you install the 4.12 update. Make sure you have not download by accident the 4.12 update for MAC (it happend to me). Before you install the 4.12 update, save all files that are OUTSIDE of any folder in the Vue d'Esprit folder to a separate, temporary folder. So you can put them back, if you have again a problem with the update. But I'm sure we will find a solution. Sorry to be a little short, but I have some friends at home. Anyhow, I will continue to answer you. :-)Guitta

kruzr ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 4:39 PM

OK Guitta - ;^) You can go & enjoy the rest of the evening with your friends now, I finally got everything to work. I just did a complete uninstall of ALL ITEMS/Vue 4, did a reinstall of Vue 4, then installed the latest Vue 4.12 upgrade patch over top of the original install, rebooted, & all is working now. I have no idea what happened the 1st time??? Anyway, thankyou very much for your help & you have a great evening. I'll be talking to'ya later . . . . . Mark. . . . . ;^)

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 31 May 2003 at 4:42 PM

:-)happy it works Mark.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.