Sat, Sep 21, 6:18 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: WIP Gallery

Lestat ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2000 at 9:44 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 5:59 PM

Attached Link: An idea whose time has come

Check this out and lets see if we can get a consensus and give our moderators even more crap to keep track of. =^)

versionthirteen ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2000 at 3:59 PM

if it keeps people from posting a million of the same image with minor variation in the galler I'm all for it!

Lestat ( ) posted Tue, 13 June 2000 at 4:18 PM

Dat's de idea.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2000 at 12:57 PM

::gasp:: V13 and Lestat agreeing on something? Isn't that like the third sign of the Apocalypse?

Lestat ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2000 at 1:10 PM

Yeah, ain't it great. =^) I don't disagree with versionthirteen just because he is versionthirteen. Seems he feels the same way. That's a good thing.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 14 June 2000 at 1:19 PM

LOL. The REAL shock, however, will be if the day ever comes when (the) Dreampinner(s) and versionthirteen see eye-to-eye!

versionthirteen ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2000 at 4:54 PM

in real life lestat and I are bosom buddys and play flag football all day and night.. Also we go iceblocking and have group dates..... versionthirte_n E

Lestat ( ) posted Sun, 25 June 2000 at 8:03 AM

heheh. He said "bosom".

versionthirteen ( ) posted Tue, 27 June 2000 at 12:54 PM

hehe "BOSOM" hehe

arcady ( ) posted Fri, 14 July 2000 at 3:52 PM

So that's what happened to Beavis and Butthead...

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

Lestat ( ) posted Mon, 17 July 2000 at 8:12 AM

Don't make me slap you!

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 12:10 PM

You know, we may have been taking this in the wrong direction (even BEFORE the V13/Lestat mutual annoyance society kicked in). Fact 1) People post WIPs to the gallery because more people go there than to the forums, right? Fact 2) People tend to give critiques on the Forums more often then in the Galleries, or at least it seems that way (probably because you can have a two-way stream of communication in the forums). So - why not create a Work In Progress FORUM? A place where people are encouraged to post and comment on WIPs of all types, 2D, 3D, Poser, Bryce, 3DSMax, whatever?

versionthirteen ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 12:13 PM

UHUM Sir, we are talking about bosoms!!!!!!!

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 12:26 PM

Well, yeah, V13 - but us guys ALWAYS talk about bosoms. Even when we're talking about something else...

Lestat ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 2:25 PM

I just like the format of the galleries better than the forums. I tried to cruise the forums for a bit and it just seemed to get detracted from the image just about every time. People usually ended up talking about bosoms or something. Buncha weirdos. The galleries allow us to focus on one image at a time, based on a thumbnail (usually) and comment accordingly. Lestat. (who only thinks about bosoms when he is not thinking about quantum physics)

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 2:32 PM

{(who only thinks about bosoms when he is not thinking about quantum physics)} Oh come now, are you trying to convince us that you haven't found wasy to think of the two TOGETHER? I mean, at the vere least there seem to be some that exert their own gravitic fields...

Lestat ( ) posted Wed, 19 July 2000 at 2:43 PM

Ok. You got me. I actually know very little, and think very rarely, about quantum physics. Only during Star Trek episodes or sci fi movies where they mention the term. AND there is usually some gal in a tight and/or skimpy outfit to make sure I don't dwell on the subject too long.

Ironbear ( ) posted Sun, 23 July 2000 at 6:22 PM

So... (tongue in cheek)If we have a WIP gallery, will it be okay to post a zillion minor variations of the same image?

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

MadRed ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 7:19 AM

How about a limit of 3 images? I like seeing the raw images getting better with each iteration, and replacing them means you can't fairly compare the two. But now we get into 'attention span' issues, which is OK as long as I don't get distracted by something shiny and ... Ooooh, pretty ... Where was I?

Ironbear ( ) posted Fri, 11 August 2000 at 7:33 AM

How 'bout no limits on image number and we keep the galleries as they are... just add new categories. I keep harping this, but i'm a big fan of the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it school... You'll just screw it up." My 2 cents.

"I am a good person now and it feels... well, pretty much the same as I felt before (except that the headaches have gone away now that I'm not wearing control top pantyhose on my head anymore)"

• Monkeysmell

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.