Thu, Sep 19, 10:07 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Did we miss something?

Colette1 ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 10:34 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 5:41 PM

http://berg.heim.at/kaprun/430112/ This person closed his site now because of "Occurances" in the galleries?

FWTempest ( ) posted Tue, 10 June 2003 at 10:45 PM

no offense... but it's old news, and a great loss to us. Helmut got ticked off because of what he thought was too many pro-American, pro-war "propaganda pieces"... and got even more ticked when he was reminded, not very politely by some, that if he didn't like it nobody was forcing him to look. Basically, he threw the "I'm taking my ball and going home" temper tantrum. Pity... he's an excellent modeller and artist. at least, that was my take on the whole thing.

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2003 at 1:46 AM

I've never seen a more sensitive group than artists. Perhaps because artists have the ability to observe like no other kind of people. Maybe everyone should observe their surroundings. That said, he can do like the pro war folks and post his anti war renders rather than attack the art of those who express. Keep it on even terms. Post your render and if you don't like the render of others, post opposite renders. Don't attack the artist, just express yourself.

Doublecrash ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2003 at 6:17 AM

I have to agree with EricofSD. The last war period was flamey indeed (the OT forum got lots of locked threads, I recall) and the galleries were really itchy about everything. But, as E said, I'm anti-war so I posted my anti-war images, got some bashed and trashed, others went along saying what I meant to say. But the artist in question has a point. The general feeling, last march/april, was that you had to fight agains a huge wave of pure pro-US propaganda. And he's right, some of the works were really poor and blatant in their fanatic blindness. I'm very unhappy about his decision, but I really can't say he's doing the "ball is mine, so I go home" sort of thing. IMO, is never a good thing to slam the door and avoid confrontation, but I really can't say that I don't understand him. Just my 2c. S.

shadowdragonlord ( ) posted Wed, 11 June 2003 at 12:51 PM

Methinks I agree with Sir Helmut in general. Don't care about 'Rosity banning him, verbal "attacks" are meaningless and should be discarded at a young age. But I agree that war-promoting propoganda should have been banned before he was. One thing I DO NOT agree with is Helmut's last statement, per the link above. This world is not the only one. Mars is very close, and Luna as well. Not to say we should mistreat this planet... Merely take it's life to others, gift barren worlds with some greenery...! (grins)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.