Wed, Sep 18, 12:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: How would you illuminate this?

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 11:26 PM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 4:49 AM

file_62815.jpg

I've been struggling with illuminating the planet/moons backdrop without disturbing the other lighting. Any ideas?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 14 June 2003 at 11:32 PM

Try two separate renders. You could then easily light the backdrop without affecting the rest of the pic.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

chriscox ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 12:55 AM

In Poser 5 try plugging the texture into the Ambient_Color node instead of the Diffuse_Color node (set Ambient_Color to white and Ambient_Value to 1). In Poser 4 you can try playing around with the Ambient Color. Or you can add the background in postwork. Saving you render in PSD or TIF formats will also save an alpha channel that will be useful for merging your render with the background image. Or just load the image as a background (but your background image will be scale to fit the current display size in Poser and stays that size even if you render to a new window). Chris Cox

Chris Cox

lalverson ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 1:19 AM

Yep the ambient material would be the way to go here. also I would take a look at any light pointing directly at the gal in relation to the camera you plan on doing the render from. I would set that light to cast no shadow. that way she can be lit from the front but the shadow will not cast on the back drop.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 1:40 AM

Great job on the glass. Tricky to achieve just the right mixture of transparency and reflectivity, isn't it?

PabloS ( ) posted Sun, 15 June 2003 at 8:44 AM

Thanks! Plugging the texture into the ambient node did the trick. I played with the ambient node a good deal but didn't think to plug the texture into it. Yeah LD. The glass was a bear too. I'm saving it in materials so I won't have to go through that again! :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.