Fri, Sep 20, 9:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 3:18 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Emerging from the shadows

Wolf_Kin ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 1:48 AM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:37 AM

Hello everyone, I've been lurking here for quite a while, and have thoroughly enjoyed reading both the submissions and the critiques that went with them. Unfortunately I was unable to participate before now due to time constraints, but this has finally been rectified :) So since this is my first post, I present this piece to the group and look forward to your comments and getting to know you all. :) Starlight and Teardrops In the silence before, the coming of the dawn, most are lost in their dreams. I envy them their slumber, And I cant help but wonder is it really as peaceful as it seems? Starlight and teardrops, my silent company, on this midnight voyage of pain. Starlight and teardrops, will you please answer me? Will I ever be free again? Ive been wandering these hallways, for what seems forever, trying to find the way out. But I never succeed, I just keep moving deeper, gods will I ever get out? Starlight and teardrops, my silent company, as I wander these halls of pain. Starlight and teardrops, will you please answer me? Will I ever be free again? They say the past is gone, that it cant hurt us anymore. Im no longer sure this is true. For the past is Alive, in the halls of memory, and sometimes it searches for you. Starlight and teardrops, my past searches for me, as I wander these halls of pain. Starlight and teardrops, will you watch over me? Im not sure Ill ever be free again. Starlight and teardrops, my past has found me, Im trapped in these halls of pain. Starlight and teardrops, please remember me. Ill never be me again.

Shoshanna ( ) posted Tue, 17 June 2003 at 7:35 AM

Welcome Wolf kin, glad you stopped lurking. Shanna :-)

Wolf_Kin ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 2:25 AM

Thanks Shanna :)

jagill ( ) posted Wed, 18 June 2003 at 2:56 PM

This reads like a song. Are these lyrics?

Wolf_Kin ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 2:03 PM

Jagill, I actually hadn't thought of it that way to be honest,but rereading it from that perspective I can see what you mean.LOL though it's definately not what I was aiming for at the time. What can I say,odd things occur when you write what pops into your head at 5am :) Wolf Kin

jagill ( ) posted Thu, 19 June 2003 at 8:33 PM

Well, I liked your poem either way. It just reminds me of some of the Prayer Boat's lyrics. They're an amazing band if you haven't heard them, though I think Emmit Tinley has gone solo now. BTW, welcome to the forum.

Wolf_Kin ( ) posted Fri, 20 June 2003 at 6:37 PM

Jagill, Thanks,I'm glad you liked it.I will definately keep an eye out for that band since I've never heard of them before.My tastes tend to run more towards Blind Guardian :) Wolf Kin

mythicaldamienne ( ) posted Sun, 22 June 2003 at 9:57 PM

Excellent wording, and I had to read it several times! It does read like a song, and I would love to hear it set to music, something haunting and painfilled would fit this piece perfectly! More please;) And btw..thank you for your comment on Letting Go..fly by night writers who jot down ideas off the cuff are respected by me! And of course all writers -trots on out before making things worse =D-

mysteri ( ) posted Wed, 25 June 2003 at 9:22 PM

Welcome to the pack! Nice first submission. I'll check for more.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.