Sun, Sep 22, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Volumetric Materials

Zottel1 ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2000 at 12:55 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:23 PM

I'm interested in Volumetrics lately. Does anybody know any Informations/Tutorials I can find in the Web?.Thanks.

februus ( ) posted Wed, 21 June 2000 at 1:50 PM

Jeez, somebody should write one, that's for sure. Barring that, use the pre-set volumetrics to launch the deep texture editor and use the controls to reshape them yourself. I've discovered they're pretty sensitive to tweaking and have imported DeepPaint textures to come up with a huge variety of new textures, most of which take an inordinantly long time to render (which in my opinion makes them almost useless!) It did give me a real good working understanding of them though and i even keep a few to use for really nice effects such as plantlife, water fountains and glowing atomic piles. They are cool, just too slow to incorporate into any scene I'd wait a month to render. Good luck!

arcamus ( ) posted Fri, 23 June 2000 at 2:18 AM

Hubert posted some interesting bryce scenes in the free stuff section and there is somewhere a turotial called "the tagliatelles of the gods" (!?). I hope Februus will post his materials as they make my mouth water

Hubert ( ) posted Sat, 24 June 2000 at 9:47 AM

Hi, yep, I totally agree about the average-render-time for most volumetrics, because I "only" own a P-II-450! ;-) My text-file, which I provided with my BR4-scenes included the url for the "Tagliatelle-tutorial" by Jonathan Allen, which I can recommend. Here it is: http://easyweb.easynet.co.uk/~jba/bigsite/tagtut1.html Cheers, Hubert

"All that we see or fear, is but a Sphere inside a Sphere."     (E. A. Pryce -- Tuesday afternoon, 1845)

Zottel1 ( ) posted Mon, 26 June 2000 at 1:33 PM

Thanks to you.I know that"Tagliatelle-Tutorial" arcamus & Hubert.Even though I have a K6-300, I think I'll keep on trying. Maybe I understand how they work someday,and maybe I try to make a Tutorial about my experiences februus.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.