Sun, Oct 6, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Platinum Club at Daz membership change ATTN ANYONE FROM DAZ

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:11 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 6:19 AM

Attached Link: http://secure.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=1

this morning I went to daz to see what was new and to see if there was a sale going one being the 4th of July week and I saw that the platinum club membership price dropped dramtically to $29.95 so I say WTF! I got mine when it first came out and paid $49.95 and thought I was getting a good deal on it. So I read a little more and saw it just wasn't $29.95 it is also a monthly fee of $7.95 to keep it. So I did some math: 29.95 first month = 29.95 7.95 each month after = 87.95 Total before vouchers = 117.40 5.00 Voucher Ea month = 60.00 Total = 57.40 Yes it is a great savings, but here is the thing I don't buy from Daz every month and I on certian months can't afford a 7.95 charge to my credit card. But I can save the month for the old renewal fee (which I have been doing). I think it is unfar of Daz to do this to members of the Platinum Club without warning. I'd rather pay the one time fee of 57.40 than pay a monthly fee. I hope that other members of the platinum club feel the same way as I do. Please if you are a member let Daz know your feeling so we can get this changed if you this is not right.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Irish ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:16 AM

I am quite disappointed in this new update. Not only will you be charged monthly (and sometimes I do not use the Platinum Club monthly but may splurge in one month and then not buy for several) but no longer will your gift vouchers be able to purchase anything in the Platinum Club..they will send you a $5 voucher but it must be used within the month and only on Daz products in the Premier Section. I won't be renewing and am really disappointed that they have done this. :( Irene

spurlock5 ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:17 AM

I am not a member. I was looking into using a $30 voucher toward the cost of membership. I basically wanted to stock up on a lot of $1.99 specials. I can't use the voucher in that way. However, considering that people joined with the belief that they would at least get a year's worth of buying items at $1.99 each seems like a commitment. Changing the terms for existing members doesn't seem right.

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:22 AM

I wish they would give options... Pay monthly, or pay for the full year right off the bat. I much prefer to pay upfront. Heck, my first visit to Poserworld I just did the Lifetime membership. I am just SICK of monthly bills. I wish more subscription sites offered Lifetime deals. I am guessing that they won't start charging current Platinum Club members monthly fees until their subscriptions actually run out though. We;ll have to wait and see what they do.

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:34 AM

So, let me see, are you saying that memebers that already bought this are going to have to pay 7.95 everymonth just to keep it? Well what if we don't want to be charged? Can we cancel our membership that I paid a year for? Will I get refunded for the rest of the year I didn't use? Not sure what is happening? Sharen

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:35 AM

No I think that is for new members and renewing members

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:36 AM

must go read this.....I would have thought that there would have been something in the newletter about this or maybe they did not have time yet. Gotta go read...thanks for the update. Sharen

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:37 AM

There just aren't enough Original Daz Items every month to make the Vouchers that useful... Sharen, I'd imagine they won't start charging current members monthly fees until their current subscriptions run out- you've already paid! :)

Renderosity Gallery

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:38 AM

Yes, I'm willing to bet we'll get a new Newsletter/e-mail with all of the info.

Renderosity Gallery

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:51 AM

well if you are upset with this change please email daz at Sales@daz3d.com .

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 8:59 AM

I hope this doesn't affect existing members otherwise I'll be cancelling my subscription. I got it during the initial special of $49.95 and I have to admit I've gotten much more than my money's worth including applying the discount to Mimic 2 Pro. I did receive a recent notice from DAZ giving me a $30 voucher for purchasing Mimic 2. I'm assuming this is because they were offering another discount which I didn't get at the time I purchased it. Yes DAZ, if you are out there, please explain if this is for everyone or just new subscribers. I'm certain it is the latter since this would violate our original agreement which I still have a copy of. They just aren't offering enough stuff that I'm interested in anymore. Too much Vicky 3 stuff. It's time for something new, and the additions don't appear to be coming as frequently and in abundance like before.

Poser 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Pro 2014, 11, 11 Pro

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:03 AM

Look at the bottom! I think this answers our question. I will dig up the original agreement and post it since it obviously doesn't exist anymore. Notes Already a Member? - No Start-Up Fee And a Gift! As a symbol of our gratitude to you, our current loyal Platinum Club Members, we will be granting you a $30 Voucher** as an anniversary gift from us to you for making the Platinum Club such a success! And, every month of continued membership will bring you a $5 voucher, as well as other Member Rewards which will be offered to you periodically as your membership continues. And as with all DAZ products and services, there is an unconditional, 30 day money-back guarantee on your membership. If you don't feel absolutely satisfied with your Platinum Club Membership, simply tell us that you want your money back. We will refund you immediately with no questions asked. And that's more than a guarantee. It's our personal promise. *Platinum Club Membership requires a one time payment of $29.95 and 11 monthly payments of $7.95 thereafter in order to maintain membership privileges. **Voucher will be granted automatically to the accounts of all qualifying customers once monthly and will be valid for the duration of that month only. +30% Discount only good on DAZ original Items. Not good on resell or brokered products. You will not receive a download after purchasing a Platinum Club membership. The membership will just change your account permissions so that you start receiving the Platinum Club savings. Each Platinum Club Membership allows for one purchase of each Platinum Club product at the Platinum Club price. Three downloads are allowed for each Platinum Club product purchase. Vouchers cannot be used on this product.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:03 AM

well there is like 6 or 7 new items in the platinum club today but I am not getting any due to I can't afford it cause I am "hopefully" starting a new job next week.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:06 AM

is that on renewal or just going to give it to us?

elgyfu ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:12 AM

So, if you are a member already will you have to pay anything additional this year?

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:13 AM

No you don't

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:23 AM

Agree with you or atleast send an email to the members about the changes

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:25 AM

Sent your complaints to DAZ. I just sent them one. I looked for my original agreement, but there didn't seem to be one. How clever of them. All I could find was their original advertisement on their site, but it got cut off when I transferred it to PDF. Another reason why I hate frame sites.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:28 AM

You know I just got back from reading this and I did not see anywhere what the renewal price for existing memeber is....when I renew will I pay $29.95 and then $87.45 (11 months x $7.95 for the year? Let's see if so that would be $117.40 for the year....on top of it I will pay $1.99 for each model, so say I take an average of my purchases last year at $1.99 each, I am still saving money....these models are good quality models, very good quality, I have never bought a model from Daz and have been unhappy about it. I don't think I have a problem with this...I am still saving money the way I look at it. Sharen

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:30 AM

I would like to here either from Dan or Someone in Sales about this.

Hanz ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:36 AM

You're right, Sharen. The models at Platinum Club are extremely cheap considering the very good quality of them. They're well worth the price I think, regardless if it'll be a little less or a litte more than what I pay today. $1.99 per model + an annual payment of some $120 is nothing compared to what you pay per model at other 3D ressource sites (like TurboSquid or the likes). Remember, DAZ models are very high quality items, have any of you ever returned a purchase you made from DAZ? Look at it this way: The more money DAZ can make for their business, the more dedicated can they be at supplying us with great meshes on a weekly basis. I don't think I have problem with this either...we'll see where it ends, though. :) -Hanz

judith ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:38 AM

Me too. I don't like the idea of having my credit card charged monthly at all. I'd like to see a one time fee for the year.

What we do in life, echoes in eternity.

E-mail | Renderosity Homepage | Renderosity Store | RDNA Store

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:38 AM

Let's all take a deep breath, I really don't think DAZ meant to cheat anyone or pull anything. Quality of models.....ARE EXCELLENT Customer Service......IS EXCELLENT Support......ALWAYS SUPERB Remember they are helping lots of people make money, not just themselves. They carry alot of weight on their shoulders and always support their products. They are a good company and we all rely on them, even me....I always love my purchases....I love their work and those that broker through them....lots of talent there. I don't think this is a flim flame, or they are pulling a fast anything. Let's just wait until they tell us something and I am sure they will. Sharen

hogwarden ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:41 AM

Blimey! Last time I looked it was $99 for the year. Seemed a bit much at the time, but now $117.40 is a steaming pile! I suppose the monthly payments gaurantee them a monthly income. Maybe they're being hassled by the bank manager. H:)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:41 AM

here here HANZ...:-) also remember a holiday is coming, one we should all be thankful for....we all celebrate independance right? Smile, sit back and wait, alot of us walk in the same shoes, we all understand. Sharen

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:43 AM

It's just unethical for them to change the plan in the middle of a subscription, especially without giving sufficient notice of the change. Why should we pay again when we've already paid. And what about the people who paid full price? DAZ puts out quality models and I've always been pleased with them, but pulling rabbits out of hats shouldn't be one of their initiatives. I don't buy as much as I used to because, like I said, they haven't had much in the Club that I'm interested in. I also don't want to pay a monthly fee if I don't buy anything for several months.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:44 AM

hogwarden you may think that is a lot but what if we didn't have the Platinum club, can you imagine how much you would spend for some of these models, I purchased models I never thought I could afford and again am real happy about all of them. Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:45 AM

whbos, I don't think they are changing the plans of the members they have until their subscription runs out. Sharen

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:49 AM

The way I read it is this : for current PC subscribers Once your current membership expires, you will be granted FREE membership in the new structure...you do not have to pay the $29.99 to join or renew....you will then have to pay the $7.95 per month to stay active. You will also get a $30 voucher good for 1 month on Original DAZ product ...

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Grey_cat ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:51 AM

Ok, let me get this straight. If you are already a member, it going to cost you a one time fee of $29.95. For doing so DAZ sends you voucher worth $30.00. Total cost to you $0.00. A monthly fee of $7.95 and DAZ sends you voucher worth $5.00. Total monthly cost $2.95, for annual cost of $35.40. Old annual membership cost $99.00. So what the problem? Seem like a good deal to me.

whbos ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:52 AM

Sharen: Look at the post above I got from their site. It looks like it affects all of us. Sorry to repeat it again, but: Already a Member? - No Start-Up Fee And a Gift! As a symbol of our gratitude to you, our current loyal Platinum Club Members, we will be granting you a $30 Voucher** as an anniversary gift from us to you for making the Platinum Club such a success! And, every month of continued membership will bring you a $5 voucher, as well as other Member Rewards which will be offered to you periodically as your membership continues. I'm assuming the $30 is payback from our initial membership cost. And how can it be an "anniversary gift" when it hasn't been a year yet, or is this to take effect on the anniversary of our subscription? It isn't clear what they are saying. They do have great models and great customer support. I just think we should have this option at the end of our subscription, not in the middle of it (or near the end I should say).

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:53 AM

Calm down. :D They're not changing stuff on those that are already members- from the site it looks like the changes only kick in when you renew or do a new subscription. Also, in the long run, it's actually cheaper because of the monthly vouchers. My main desire though is to simply have the option to pay annually as well as the option to pay monthly, and the option to sign-up for a lifetime wouldn't be bad. :D It would also be nice if the Vouchers were good for things besides Daz Original Items, because most of the Daz original stuff seems to end up in the Platinum Club, and the vouchers are no good there. I already sent Daz a nice polite e-mail. I'm not too worried regardless. No matter how I look at it, the Platinum Club is still a great bargain. Those are terrific quality Poser items at low low prices.

Renderosity Gallery

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:54 AM

SAMS3D - I don't think this is a flim flame, or they are pulling a fast anything. NYGUY - Never said it was or that they where. I just said I think it isn't a good change ---------------------------------------------------------- judith - I don't like the idea of having my credit card charged monthly at all. I'd like to see a one time fee for the year. NYGUY - That is why I am upset with this change. I have bounced some check cause I forgot about a monthly charge. ----------------------------------------------------------- whbos- It's just unethical for them to change the plan in the middle of a subscription, especially without giving sufficient notice of the change. Why should we pay again when we've already paid. And what about the people who paid full price? NYGUY - I don't think that if we have a membership already that we will have to pay this monthly fee till we renew. Which I am not going to do unless I can pay for the full year upfront.

BluesPadawan ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:54 AM

There are a lot of people that can't afford the $99.99 as a beginning price. The new pricing structure will allow those that wish to get into the Platinum Club a cheaper and alternative way to do so. I've been a member of the PC now since it started, and I can guarantee that I could almost always use a voucher within 30 days. The only change I'd like to see on that is voucher use within 60 days instead of 30.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:57 AM

Boy did I open a hornet's nest with this thread!

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 9:58 AM

Look at it this way for a new guy... Pay the $30...buy all the current stuff el cheapo, and bid a fond adue....what a savings :)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:03 AM

nyguy, you did a good thing here, lots of points that should be taken into consideration....new memebers will read and learn and so will us old farts...LOL..Sharen

judith ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:06 AM

"There are a lot of people that can't afford the $99.99 as a beginning price" That's fine, and I understand that not everyone can pay up front. But then set it up two ways, one for those that would like to pay in advance. Almost every business that I've ever had a membership to has a pay-in-advance option, some even give deeper discounts to those that choose to pay that way. It's a pretty safe bet that if they don't allow for a one time payment, I won't be renewing either.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:06 AM

The only thing I am really upset about is this change is the fact you have no option for paying the year upfront. If that was available I will renew my membership asap. I feel that they are taking a good thing and amking it worse like ford did with some vechials in the past (pardon spelling).

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:07 AM

Certainly my reading is (probably) Existing members get the $30 voucher (sometime) and the $5 voucher monthly (from when they start). When the current sub ends you pay $7.95/month, but no start up fee. It isn't crystal clear and I'd really like DAZ to confirm, but I think that's what it means. Where does it say the $5 can't be used on PClub items? All I can see on the subs page is "Vouchers cannot be used on this product", which I take to be the subscription itself.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:09 AM

Forgot to add my votes for: "More notice would have been nice" "Option to pay in advance please (though I'm not sure I would)"

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:15 AM

file_65281.jpg

I am looking at the page right now and I can't see anything that says you can't use the $30 or the $5 voucher on PC items I think they have to be Daz orginals. I am not to sure but that is what I am reading. But yet when I look at PC items I see (attached) which confuses me!

SnowSultan ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:15 AM

I'm pretty sure that this change is to try and make the PC more attractive to potential members, since the one-time $99 probably scared some people off. I do agree that I like paying a one-time fee more than a monthly one though, and I will probably not renew if that is the case when my subscription runs out. As far as there being primarily V3 items in it, I don't mind that too much...in fact, I wish they would make more male V3 clothing and morphs instead of Mike 3 - heaven knows we need yet ANOTHER figure that isn't completely backwards-compatible. ;) I've already tried putting V3's head on Mike's body (which didn't work well because of the different neck), but I think we've already got a really good start on a new male figure with V3 and her morphs anyway. Ah well, to each his own. :) Thanks, take care. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:15 AM

how's thius for an option... Pay upfront $2.95 x 12 = $35.40 No vouchers...just a cheap annual rate Plus if you're a new guy , the $29.95 up front joining fee.

petereed ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:17 AM

I like the Platinum Club as there are some great products to be had at low prices. However, I have more than one credit card and take advantage of flipping balances for lower rates. If I have transfered a balance to the card DAZ will charge to then I'm stuck with paying the higher percentage rate on the additional charges DAZ will make until I clear that card's balance. This interferes with how I manage my bills to my best advantage. I would prefer to pay my fee as an annual amount from a card of my choice. The card I may use when it's time to renew may not be the one I might use the month before, because as I stated I move my bills around for the best advantage. DAZ should give us options that satisfies everyone.

nyguy ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:18 AM

Heck I was willing to pay the renewal fee (if memory serves me correctly) of 69.95 with no incetives.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:21 AM

I love that Daz is taking actions to make the PClub more afordable to people that only want it for a limited time period, lots of subscrition sites have 3 month, 6 month , 1 year subscriptions, seems Daz is just kinda falling in line. on intial reading it seems price of membership is higher, but so are costs. Tax in some states now, PayPal charges for each transaction, web site development costs, bandwidth costs etc. Seems they are only raising the price a bit and trying to keep same quality and service (kinda rare these days). Here is my big complaint. Daz does not create enough original products to justify the voucher system. especially if the vouchers are limited time. Daz has gotten their brokering system better and better and lots of new and fun things are showing up all over, the store has gotten bigger in just a few months. but it's like only 10% original content to 90% brokered. That's the way it seems to me anyway. Anton is a great modeler, ML too. Higher more Daz Content creators. Then it will be a more even division of products and the value of the PClub will shine. otherwise there may be a influx of stop and start Club members and mass buying every 6 months only. Most of the poser purchases I have made have been at Daz, lots of my money has gone there. I'm starting to see my money go more and more to other sites, or directly to content creators from their own sites. With DazStudio coming I'm sure that the Daz Store is going to explode and become a huge store, I just see this happening. Maybe the plans in the works, the wizard behind the curtain just isn't seen and all this will work itself out. I am concerned, but there really isn't much I can do about how it will be done. I'm just gunna wait n see before I slap Daz with email hate mail. We live in interesting times :)

miraty ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:23 AM

I think I might drop membership soon. It'll become difficult to maintain. the actual cost per year is $29.95 + (11x7.95) = $117.40 So if the $5 voucher can only be used on daz stuffs, I don't think we can use them on $1.99 purchase, and expires every month, we might not use that at all since I often buy brokered stuffs. Thinking the new structure, it sounds like a price increase to me. And so far I've seen and think worthwhile are the cloths, hair models and a few texture packs plus the phoenix. hmm... but don't worry so much, these are just my opinion. :)

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:26 AM

I'm not a member but was waiting (hoping) they'd put the membership on sale again, then I was going to join. But now it seems the price went up...from 99 to 117. I'm not counting the vouchers as they're too limited and I'd probably rarely, if ever, use them. I don't like the monthly charge thing, either. But I do like the content. I agree with SnowSultan...v3 is the way to go for both genders, IMO. And more v3 male stuff would be great. I'd like to see the $99 yearly fee stay as an option...no vouchers. And if they're really nice they can put it on sale for the 4th of July, being the patriotic, kind, decent people they are.

judith ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:26 AM

"Heck I was willing to pay the renewal fee (if memory serves me correctly) of 69.95 with no incetives." Ditto here.

SKondris ( ) posted Thu, 03 July 2003 at 10:29 AM

We are just about to release a more formal announcement regarding this which will answer the majority of your questions, at the same time, I'll be starting a thread in the Product Showcase forum here to answer your more specific questions more directly. So, just hold tight all your answers are coming, I promise! Steve Kondris DAZ Productions, Inc.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.