Mon, Sep 23, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Mat Image

Gelana ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 8:57 PM ยท edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 8:59 AM

I have been working on making MAT files for some textures I have. I am tired of loading the textures. It is a pain in the (CENSORED). LOL What I am having a problem with is the fact that there are no images to show what the MAT files are. How do I make the nice images that come with everyone's files. I just get the stupid graphic of the guy shruging his shoulders. I looked in the tutorials and found nothing about that spicificaly. I am using a PC and Dark Faction's Pro Mat Builder 3.0. Thanks Gel

Gelana
PaganAttitudes.com

PhilC ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 9:18 PM

Attached Link: http://lcrepiliere.free.fr/

Compose your scene as you would like your library thumbnail to look. Now render to a new window 91x91 pixels in size. Save with the same name but as a PGN file to the directory where your MAT file is stored. If you are using Poser 3 or Poser 4 you'll then need to convert this PNG file to an RSR using P3dO Explorer. (Link above)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 10:58 PM
Forum Moderator

OR, if you're really lazy like me... Apply your mat to the figure or what ever, Then save the pose to the library and add _nail to the name. Open the floder in windows explorer and rename the "_nail" off the png (rsr) file. I have a little utility that does it automatically. (Creative Element Power Tools - Power Rename) Nerd

Gelana ( ) posted Sat, 05 July 2003 at 11:32 PM

Thank you both. I used PhilC's idea and it worked beautifuly!!!! This is too cool. This kinda sucks that I had to learn this. Soon I will be making textures and clothes....... oh man! Thanks again. Gel

Gelana
PaganAttitudes.com

_dodger ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 2:55 AM

or if you're really really lazy you could make a pose file that loads a buttload of textures for materials that aren't really in the scene (or stick 'em on a simple prop like an invisible plane -- erm, square that is, not the wonder woman variety)and afterards you can just select the already-loaded maps from the drop-down menu. Just save a pose or prop and open in a text editor, then make a material block for each three maps you want to preload. Why each three? because you can comandeer the texture, reflection, and trans for each material block you use. You can't steal the bumpmap except to use for a bumpmap because the pre-loaded bumpmap mwenu isn't shared, at least in P4

Gelana ( ) posted Mon, 07 July 2003 at 7:02 AM

Sounds complicated. I was just making Klick add (MAT) buttons for some new Koshini bodies I baught. :) Thanks though. I will remember this for future refrence. :) Gel

Gelana
PaganAttitudes.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.