Mon, Oct 21, 5:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: Help requested, import weirdness happening

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 10:42 PM ยท edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 5:05 AM

file_66181.jpg

first things first, I'm using P4 on a mac so everything has to go through Maconverter before P4 can read it. Now with that in hand does anyone know what caused the weirdness shown in the pic? The weird one on the left was imported direct and the right one was run throught C4d first and, as you see, it has it's own 'issues' erg :- the colors are to ID the parts. Help sorting this out will be most welcome. CT

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Valandar ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 11:54 PM

It looks like C4D completely split some vertexes... or welded them...

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

steveshanks ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2003 at 2:56 PM

I think what is happening is when you open it in C4d you have more materials than objects...check next to the object to see how many materials are on each one....if thats the case when you export it wipes all but one material on that part of the model....to fix this use the little triangles (i'm hopeless at remembering tha names LOL) next to the part to split of the polygons so every material has its own set of polys....then to fix the probs in the left image, select polygons that butt up against sharp edges and disconect (structure/edit surface) leave the check in the box so you only disconnect the edges and not everything...hope that makes sense but if not fire back...which C4d are you on if its V7 i can look at it and sort what the problem is easier.....Steve

Charlie_Tuna ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2003 at 10:11 PM

file_66182.jpg

Thanks, Steve For give a point to start at I got it sorted out :-) here's the finished item.

Why shouldn't speech be free? Very little of it is worth anything.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.