Fri, Oct 4, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Large Render Aid??

SWAMP ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 10:57 PM ยท edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 5:25 AM

To cut down on render times...has anyone tried Genuine Fratals? I've used it in Painter where large file sizes really slow down the brushes.I'll work on a 10x10 inch@300dpi then resize it in GF to 15x15inch@300dpi and the results are very good(..I like the square format). But I was wondering how good the results are with a Vue image,that has more detail than my digital painting. I'm sure the render times for an image 60% of the final size would be significant. SWAMP

MightyPete ( ) posted Tue, 08 July 2003 at 11:37 PM

Attached Link: http://petes-oasis.com/tilerendering.html

Well go here and read this then as for resampling images and how to do it well go read this thread. http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1143537 Or search this for for "resample" posts posted by me.

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 09 July 2003 at 1:54 AM

Thanks MightyPete I found your tilerendering tut very interesting and going to give that a try. My problem with long render times is due to living in S.Fla....very bad lighting storms role in on a almost daily basies,triping off my surge/power protector(which ends the render premature). Thanks again,SWAMP

Veritas777 ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 2:16 PM

Consider getting a UPS from from APC (American Power Supply). I live in an area like that too, but the UPS's send steady clean power to your PC for up to 45 min, with never a glitch, day or night. Worst case scenerio- if power is off longer than the back-up UPS back-up battery can handle, then it will automatically shut-down or suspend, or hibernate your system, without loosing anything. I have used them for years and never lost anything. An excellent investment and much better than just a surge protector!

MightyPete ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 5:59 PM

Always a good idea but the operating system is made out of glass. Big renders take forever and chances are something dying is really high because of the file sizes. Of all my big render crashes a UPS would not of helped cause other none power glitches killed the puter instead but a UPS is still a good idea.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.