Thu, Sep 19, 4:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Using photograph for sky

jasonmit ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 6:18 PM ยท edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 4:54 AM

I have some beautiful 1200x900 sky photographs from 3dTotal. How would I use one of these in Bryce as my sky?

brholte ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 6:46 PM

Apply the image as a texture onto a 2D face and place it behinde all of your objects in the scene. Be sure to have it fit the borders of your window, and to have it facing your point of view. oooooooooooooor, you can always go the Photoshop route if you own a copy. if you go the first route, you'll need to mess with lights and all of that to get the right look. Hope this helps!!!

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 7:37 PM

On the 2d plane make sure it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy back in the scene or objects will cast shadows on it...;)

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 7:57 PM

Actually, if you go to the materials editor-materials option, you can deselect shadows & stuff. :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

woodhurst ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 9:05 PM

I put the image on a 2d plane, turn it sideways, then under materials I turn off recieve and cast shadows, turn the ambience to about 90, and turn the transparency to 60-70.

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 10 July 2003 at 10:26 PM

Rohr, you mean that for the 2d plane you can select to eliminate shadows on it? Really? cool!

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

Erlik ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 1:24 AM

Or you can use the photo as a basis for a lattice, and then again as the texture for the lattice. With transparency. Position it and you've got what I have in my "One morning in AD 925".

-- erlik

jasonmit ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2003 at 2:48 PM

woodhurst, the ambience must be variable. 90 totally washed out the photo. 45 was good though. Erlik, I'm not sure I understand your technique.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.