Wed, Sep 18, 12:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Figure wont load!!What am I doing wrong???

Georgous ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 11:58 AM ยท edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 12:39 PM

Ok..I created a prop,then I turned it into a figure via the heiarchy-create figure option It loads fine in the program i created it in then when I save it out and transport it to another poser it says cannot open resource file...whatever obj. I look in the geometries folder and the obj files are there but it cant open them..Anyone can help me with this? Im getting really frustrated?? HELP!!!

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 12:41 PM

Open the cr2 in a text editor, check that the two object references point to the correct location of the obj file on the HDD. If the references are correct then it may be a corrupt rsr file. Delete the MyObject.rsr that is in the same sub-folder of the Geometries folder as MyObject.obj, where "MyObject" is the name of your obj file (DON'T delete the rsr in the library folder).

Georgous ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 1:14 PM

Ok ..there are no rsr files in the geometries folder.i cant find any rsr files in either instance of poser pro..the obj files are there .

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 1:42 PM

When Poser opens an obj file via a cr2 or pp2 for the first time it creates a corresponding rsr file, there after it reads the rsr not the obj, if the obj is updated the rsr needs to be deleted so Poser can build a new one, quite often the rsr creation does not work properly and the resulting corrupt rsr needs to be deleted. If there is no rsr after you open the cr2 in Poser, then Poser isn't reading the obj. This is probably either because Poser can't find it, or because there is something wrong with it.

Georgous ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 2:09 PM

yes but what if i created the figure from a prop filewouldd it create a rsr for it, because in the one instance it works fine...Is there some way i can create one for it?

steveshanks ( ) posted Tue, 15 July 2003 at 3:11 PM

its not the rsr coz poser pro doesn't use them...like Les says check your paths real careful..to test it edit the cr2 to point to a new path and make it simple like figureResFile :Runtime:Geometries:test:pleasework.obj then move your obj..if that works you know its a fault in the path...Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.