Wed, Sep 18, 12:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: AAAAARRRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Georgous ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 7:37 PM · edited Fri, 13 September 2024 at 8:46 AM

Can someone tell me how to reset my download dialog box so it will allow me to save my downloads instead of opening it to a temp folder???im getting tired of losing my files..Thanks

Georgous ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 7:43 PM

Btw Im using winxp thanks

PhilC ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 7:51 PM

In Internet Explorer go to Tools/Internet Options. Click on the Advanced Tab. Under the Browsing section select "Notify when download complete"

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Georgous ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 9:28 PM

once again u rok Phil

Georgous ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 9:35 PM

Actully that didnt work. It still downloads to a temp folder without asking me if i want to save or not. :(

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 11:13 PM

You can always right-click and "Save Target As..." until a proper solution is found. Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

FlyByNight ( ) posted Thu, 17 July 2003 at 11:27 PM

You can't "save target as" on most of the download links because that option doesn't show when right clicking. I'm having the same problem with XP and find it very annoying. But I go ahead and download and when it's complete and the archive is open, I don't install from there but click on the file or edit and move the archive where I want it so it doesn't disappear. I close Winzip, go to the folder where I've saved it, then I unzip it from there and install and save it on CD.

FlyByNight

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 12:50 AM
Forum Moderator

Mozilla... Built in DL manager.

Spit ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:01 AM

regular Explorer Tools/Folder Options FileTypes tab select .zip (also do for .exe) in the list Click 'Advanced' button Check 'Confirm open after download

ernyoka1 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:18 AM

You go to My Computer, then Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types. In the list, find Zip. Click the "Advanced" button and check the "confirm open after download" check box. Works in Win2K and XP. Most likely in Win9X too :o)

ernyoka1 ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:19 AM

ah crossposted with Spit :o( Anyway it IS the way to do it LOL

Georgous ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:19 AM

That worked Spit u rok..!!!

Georgous ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:20 AM

Thanks to you too Trekkiegirl.Btw Im a big fan!!!

FlyByNight ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 5:03 PM

Thanks TrekkieGrrl and Spit!

FlyByNight

Connatic ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 7:00 PM

A truckload of THANKS to everyone responding to this thread! Somehow my settings got changed about a month ago, and I could not figure out how to get the dl's working as they always had for 10 years. I am glad I took the time to see what this thread was about! I felt quite AAARRRGGGHHH! about this situation myself. What a relief!

Georgous ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 12:33 AM

Yeah I sure was relieved to get it sorted out...Well Connatic, Ive solved many problems right here in the forum,and when I get a problem with poser or anything really,as you can see theres lots of good people here to help us out..Dont leave it to microsoft to help ya i searched all over their site for this simple answer.

ernyoka1 ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 3:34 AM

What puzzles me is that this setting is so well hidden. It happens to all of us at a point (well most of us) and like the "Pose workspace stuck in upper left corner" it seems to happen all by itself.

Spit ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 6:36 AM

I don't know what causes the loss of that dialog box. It's never happened to me, though sometimes the checkmark for 'close this window when download finishes' disappears from it. I just check it again. But in Poser I do know that if you close Poser while it's minimized, the next time you run it the window will be scrunched up in the corner or gone altogether. I don't know what else will cause it, but that does every time for me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.