Mon, Oct 21, 10:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Pause button tip

NightVoice ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 11:42 AM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 5:43 AM

Well I don't know if anybody else will find this useful, but it helps me out so I will post it incase it can help some of you others. :)

What I don't like is that if you even accidentally hit the esc key the render stops. This I find annoying when a stray nerf ball or a bored cat can end a days worth of rendering. :)

So what I now do is on every scene I make where I am rendering a final or greater quality image, I create a glowing object. It can be a rock a shape or anything. Take it and apply a glowing material to it. (you can easily edit any material and make it glow) Place the object waaaaay behind the camera or underground so it doesn't interfere with any lighting, shadows or reflections.

Now what happens is when you push the ESC during rendering, instead of just stopping the render, a message will pop up saying that if you continue to stop the render, you can't continue later. If click on NO it will continue to render.

This is also useful if you only have one computer. When you do a full day render, you can have access to other programs while the pop up is on the screen as it is pausing Vue. Good time to check email if you need to. Ofcourse, you need to keep in mind that if you do to much, you might lock up your system, so use with caution. But it does atleast give you temporary access to your PC.

Hope this helps some of you. :)

MightyPete ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:03 PM

Cool NightVoice tip of da day....

agiel ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:11 PM

Nice ! I have been wondering why sometimes I get that popup window and why sometimes it is missing. I makes sense since glowing materials are processed after rendering the picture.

beetle-car ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 1:35 PM

If I ever accidently hit the ESC key or just needed to pause a render, I would just use the 'Resume Render' command to pick up where it stopped. You can always do this as long as nothing in the scene gets changed after you stopped. Good tip though! :-)

NightVoice ( ) posted Fri, 18 July 2003 at 3:25 PM

Well shoot! I had no idea you could do that resume render option for pics! When I searched the docs for resuming the render, all it said was to do that for resuming an animation. I just looked and saw you can use that option for a still pic as well. I never knew you could do that. Thank YOU for the real tip here. :)

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 19 July 2003 at 3:18 AM

:-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.