Fri, Sep 20, 8:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Poser Explorer 1.2.6

yarp ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 3:11 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:39 AM

This is the July version including: - Windows Explorer Copy/Cut/Paste support :|) - Windows Explorer SendTo menu support & P3dO SendTo add-on directory :|) - Customize directory tree view at startup :)) - Thumbnails directory printing - Run from CD support - More thumbs in the view I can announce Windows namespace association and ... PICTURE-TO-RSR update function :)) for next version (July/August) P3dO 2D platform development is coming to its end. Next step will be 3D platform. I've no idea the time it will take, not so long i bet. Yarp

Yarp - author of P3DO Organizer for Poser

Kerrwolf ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 7:23 AM

Thanks for the cool and useful program. This is the third time I've downloaded it.

buck ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 9:39 AM

Great work, Yarp... I love this utility. Any thoughts on a future capability to thumbnail and preview PZ3 files? Buck

yarp ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 12:47 PM

Thanks to support P3dO Kerrwolf Buck, the 3D preview will of course include Poser stuff in priority. But the philosophy is "i can't do better than Poser in its domain", i.e PZ3 files are Poser more elaborate files and subject to evolution and changes without warning. Moreover a PZ3 include many files and cameras and lights and conforming clothes. You see it will be difficult to achieve. I promise i will do my best, but it won't be as good as Poser, you can be sure of that. It will be safer, this you can be sure too ;) As for other Poser 3D files (props, hair, ...) there's no difficulty and P3dO will handle them.

Jackbox ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 3:35 PM

I got "OLE32.dll:colinitializeEx missing" error msg while open P3dOExplorer 1.26. my current ole32.dll's ver in system folder is 2.1(window95). where can i found a newest ver of ole32.dll.

yarp ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 3:47 PM

Ok Jackbox i look at this NOW It's a fact i develop under W98 and i always take the latest SDK functions So there's 2 solutions : either you get W98 or i modify P3dO slighlty ;-) Wait a minute...

yarp ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 4:11 PM

Here it is... hope it will work Let me explain : the CoInitializeEx is the W98 extended function for initializing the COM library, i just put the older CoInitialize one instead The exe i made is between 1.2.6 and 1.3 so you'll find non functional items (cut/copy/paste on tree view, file association in the dlg preference) but ... in this version, the rsr loader is 3 times faster as in 1.2.6 Please, tell me if it's ok

Jackbox ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 6:48 PM

ya, it works fine and faster,(updated fm Ver 1.2) thanks. not yet found any non functional items, it's ok for copy/ paste jobs in tree view folder. for file association, I just don't how it's use for, I hd click'd files option in preference but nothing happened. it might not function in W95 or i just don't know how. hoping next ver still can support to old W95. thanks again.

yarp ( ) posted Sun, 02 July 2000 at 11:41 PM

I'll take care of CoInitialize in further version and there'll be a single exe but i was too in a hurry I admit the tree view cut/copy/paste do function but not as it should. A directory copy should copy all the directory content not only the selection. The file association will give Poser files a P3dO icone in Windows Explorer and when you'll double-click on it will open P3dO. Both point for next version.

dunga ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 12:37 AM

your files seem corrupted. especially 126 one. when i download it it say bad block. i am om T1 cable so i have tried 7 times. noluck.

jedilos ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 3:34 AM

where can this be found?

LoboUK ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 4:39 AM

Great news yarp, I rate P3DO as one of those "must have" programmes, right up there with UV Mapper, OBJMover, and CR2Edit. Thanks for sharing with us, and many more thanks for updating an already excellent programme Paul

yarp ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 12:47 PM

Dunga, I'm awfully sorry mail me i'll send P3dO to you by mail or try my site at http://lcrepiliere.free.fr LoboUk, thank a lot i also rate P3dO among those 4 ;(( Yarp

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 5:32 PM

Thanks Yarp Your programm is a really must, for each poser. Thats the tool with which the life goes easier for storage files on a cd-rom. Now we are not only abble to organize our stuff, now we have the preview- and search-tool. Thanks again. SHARKEY

Jackbox ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 5:57 PM

yarp you are right, I only able to move and copy the selected files in dir tree(i even couldn't delete a empty folder in tree view.) I was so happy to ignore tis diff.(thought i need to search Ver 1.2 to restore the prog.) thanks

yarp ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 6:56 PM

Jackbox, i suggest you keep 1.2.6 (W95) version. It's not really a bug it's just i made a Windows 95 version in a hurry with the 1.2.7 i was working on. I'm very busy till wenesday but i'll make a single W95 and W98 version for the end of the week. I promise. Yarp

yarp ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 6:57 PM

Hi robert ;)

robert.sharkey ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2000 at 7:18 PM

Hi Yarp Have not found the time for the file-storage. But have organized my harddisk with the help of your tool. My last work had to take me more time then i have planed. Hope i can finish it this week. In switzerland we say "Take your hands on wood" (means my head) if we feel like a damocles-sword swings over our heads. Robert.SHARKEY

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.