Mon, Sep 16, 12:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: Ambient and Diffuse Lighting in Vue 4 - an article

sittingblue ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 6:25 PM · edited Thu, 12 September 2024 at 3:05 PM

Attached Link: http://sittingblue.50megs.com/tutorials/light/index.htm

I've written an article (4 pages) covering the basic computations that determine ambient and diffuse light in Vue d'Esprit 4.

I welcome anyone with constructive criticism of the article to post it here. If you have suggestions, or think there's a better way to make an explaination, pass it on. My goal is to make the article easy to understand and useful.

I've tried to keep my explanations direct and simple.

I don't know if the information therein is particularly helpful to everyone. However, I've learned a few things while researching Vue 4 light and writing the article.

If you are downloading a page, and a graphic fails to make the journey. Right-click on the empty graphic and select 'Show picture'.

Happy rendering,

Charles

Charles

Veritas777 ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 6:55 PM

Nice tutorial. I have printed it out for reading later when I get some time (like this weekend). Anyone ever done a tutorial on HDRI in Vue?

Flycatcher ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 7:39 PM

Thanks for the article - I haven't yet had time to do more than skim-read it as it downloaded, but there looks to be a lot of useful information there.

nish ( ) posted Thu, 24 July 2003 at 10:20 PM

wow! Charles, it's a state of the art tutorial. Not only to the point, but also very easy to understand. Just went through it once, many things are clear to me now. Thanks.

sacada ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 12:29 AM

Excellent tute and reference. Well done.

Sentinal ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 1:30 AM

Firstly, Thanks for the tut, I think this is the second tut of yours I've downloaded and it looks like it'll be very useful indeed. The only thing I'd comment on is that it's unprintable for me in its original form as it's on a black background with white or light coloured type. Have you considered doing what renderosity do and provide a printable version? I suppose it's testement to the quality of your tutorials that I take the time to reformat and recolour it into a printable form so that I'm able to follow it as I'm working. Anyway, thanks once again for taking the time, and putting in some obvious effort to produce these tuts for us all.

impish ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 4:24 AM

Nice tutorial. I've been playing with these settings a lot of late to create images which accentuate the detail modeling of the objects in the scene so they look less "flat". Your article will act as a good checklist if I'm trying to create a different effect in the future. Sentinal - You can override the colours in most browsers before printing them - it does take a little bit of work but its probably easier than reformating and recolouring it yourself. In Internet Explorer go to tools, internet options, accesibility and set "Ignore Colours Set On web Page". In Netscape goto edit, preferences, appearance, colour and set "use my choosen colours, ignore the colours and background specified". Some printers can also do this but it really depends on the drivers. Hope this helps and possibly saves you a bit of time.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

jgmart ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 6:01 AM

Excellent work Charles! Thanks very much for sharing.

zxcvb ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 7:07 AM

Thanks alot charles for the tut, it was written well and easy to understand, Cheers:-)

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 7:44 AM

That's great and very innteresting. Thanks alot Charles. Great work:-). I will put a link to it in the archtips as soon as possible. Guitta

patiaz ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 8:39 AM

bookmarked it and will definitely try it this weekend..

erka ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 7:00 PM

This is one of the most interesting Vue tutorials i have seen. Maybe not the "do this do that" kind, but a deep and enriching exploration of the program's light system. Great work Charles, thanks for sharing your knowledge!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.