Wed, Sep 18, 12:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Running 2 instances of Poser

Georgous ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 1:24 PM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 10:30 PM

I was wondering if anyone has tried to run 2 instances of Poser.It woud be ice to be able to do that I can do it in max I tried to do it with 2 instances of poser 4 and it wouldnt let me. Something about only one license.im running ppro now i have p5 would that do the same thing .They are different serials. I dont really want to install it if it wont work.

stallion ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 1:27 PM

No you cannot run two instances of poser(such as two poser4 or two poser5) at the same time on a single license. however I believe you can run poser4 and poser5 at the same time someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

FrankJann ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 2:04 PM

If you're using two different serial numbers (as in you owned Poser 4 and then bought the full version of Poser 5 for some reason) then you shouldn't have a problem running those together. Otherwise you won't be able to run two copies of the same license (same serial number) at the same time. Frank

Dizzie ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 2:41 PM

I have Poser 4 and Poser 5 both on my PC and it won't let me run them both....if I have 5 open and click on 4 it won't open instead it goes to the 5 window and does the same vice versa....it's a real aggravation.

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 2:50 PM

It's very annoying, but with the amount of software piracy that goes on, I suppose it's understandable. Mind you, if I tried to open another instance of Poser while one copy was rendering, my whole machine would probably lock up anyway, LOL

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

dougf ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 4:02 PM

Actually under windows 2000 using terminal server you can actually run two copies. I run a render in the background while doing other things.

Georgous ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 4:05 PM

Atually i have 2 machines i know the other will load up but it seems to do a network check...

spurlock5 ( ) posted Fri, 25 July 2003 at 4:21 PM

It does do a network check. That is why there was a problem with firewalls which didn't let Poser do the check. It is discussed in the technical support section of Curious Labs website.

Wizzard ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 12:13 AM

Hrrrrrmmmmm... I'm running Poser4.02 on my C: and Poser4PP on my D: no problems.. though I dont try to run both at the same time.... in fact the majority of the textures I have are on the D:.... then there's the Pz3's on the E: shrug can't say anything about anything later than those... Good luck

Georgous ( ) posted Sat, 26 July 2003 at 12:18 PM

Yes but thats not running both at the same time...

cruzan ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 9:36 AM

on xppro - poser.exe is a one instance only which is why when you have p5 open and then click on PPP/P4 it goes to the p5 and visa versa. However, if on a network - other machine can be running PPP/P4 on one machine for posing and P5 (for render lets say).

Dizzie ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 12:44 PM

I'm using Win ME and not on a network....it's aggravating..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.