Mon, Sep 9, 6:09 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 6:48 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Whiskey Sours on Bourbon Street

aprilrosanina ( ) posted Sun, 27 July 2003 at 8:22 PM · edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 3:50 AM

And just before the world ends, let us meet Once more, for laughs, for one last final fling, For whiskey sours down on Bourbon Street. Let us forget what we cannot repeat, Put out of mind time's slow unravelling, And just, before the world ends, let us meet. A slice of lemon, half or so a sweet Teaspoon of sugar mitigates the sting - For whiskey sours, down on Bourbon Street. When we're apart and drink our whiskey neat, We pray the fates will grant this minor thing, And, just before the world ends, let us meet. Do not pass by, my friend, pull up a seat, Forego the other pleasures night may bring For whiskey sours down on Bourbon Street. When others dumbly go down to defeat, Let us - defiant - jest, tell stories, sing. And just before the world ends, let us meet For whiskey sours down on Bourbon Street.

tjames ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 7:11 AM

Recently the Pontiac city council has allowed open alcohol on Bourbon Street...I wonder if you were referring to the Detroit Lions going dumbly to defeat?

Crescent ( ) posted Wed, 06 August 2003 at 8:40 PM

This sounds like the old Scottish greetings and goodbyes I've read mixed with a Billy Joel song. (Billy Joel is one of my favorite singers.) This is definitely a pleasure to read multiple times. It has a gentle comfort with a sweet melancholy chaser.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.