Tue, Sep 3, 9:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 02 7:24 pm)

Subject: where's the Daz surprise?

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 6:44 PM · edited Tue, 03 September 2024 at 8:58 AM

Isn't there supposed to be a Daz surprise released today? I was hoping it would be M3 but I actually can't find anything really new and fantastic on the Daz site. Anyone heard anything? Love Esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 6:56 PM

no clue.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 6:57 PM

Not specifically today. The site news says: "What's New in the Platinum Club? If you're a Platinum Club Member you're going to want to keep your eyes peeled this next week. If you're not yet a member, maybe we'll be able to entice you with... well, we wouldn't want to ruin the surprise."

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 6:57 PM

They still have a little time left today. At least I'm not the only one being impatient! ;-) (There are some cool additions in the other areas, but not in the Plat Club which is where they hinted we'd find some nice surprises.)

bknoh ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 6:59 PM

They usually post their new things pretty late. Diane

milamber42 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:01 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/pages/newsletter/DAZnewsletter.php

On their What's New @ DAZ page, the following is stated under P-Club news:

"What's New in the Platinum Club? If you're a Platinum Club Member you're going to want to keep your eyes peeled this next week. If you're not yet a member, maybe we'll be able to entice you with... well, we wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.

Membership has so many privileges, and this is one you're going to love... "

This is probably what Ryan was talking about -- not M3 or DAZ|Studio.

Just my 2 cents...:)

yggdrasil ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:02 PM

Maybe the surprise is that there's no surprise?

Mark

milamber42 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:04 PM

Diane is probably right. It's only 6:00 P.M. in Utah.

milamber42 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:04 PM

And doh! Sam beat me to it!

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:18 PM

Plat Club prices dropped from 1.99 to just 0.99! I think that's the new going rate! As they claimed, you had to look for the surprise; it wasn't going to jump on yo' head like a Giger FaceHugger! ;-) Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

milamber42 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:22 PM

Look like $0.99 on DAZ Original items only. Brokered items appear to still be $1.99

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:22 PM

Well spotted, Bill. That's pretty damn decent of them.

My Store

My Gallery

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:22 PM

I thought DAZ's webmaster mentioned in a thread yesterday or the day before that July 31 was going to be special. Hmm, well the day isn't over yet. Melanie

melanie ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:26 PM

I just went and looked and it appears that some things have been dropped to 99 cents, but others are still $1.99. I wonder what makes some $1.99 and others $.99. Anyway, it's a great price. I'll definitely take advantage of it. Melanie

estherau ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:29 PM

Ryan B. @ DAZ stated the following in a P-Club thread: "Lastly, in case anyone asks, you won't be able to sign up for a new membership [P-Club] until tomorrow (7/31) while we get ready for... almost spilled the beans there. Keep watching."

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:30 PM

wish they would have annouced that, or when they changed it. With all the Daz server hickups, I thought the .99 was a glitch and have been holding off buying anything today! oh well, can't bitch about being given a discount like that, more bang for the buck.

AkoSteve ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:32 PM

I don't know...was just at Daz and looked like a sale all over...

milamber42 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 7:55 PM

AkoSteve is right. Looks like all brokered items are now 35% off and DAZ items appear to be 50% off.

Crescent ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:03 PM

Whew! I logged in, noticed all the new prices and freaked out. I was afraid it was a server error and I was afraid DAZ was about to get screwed by a programming bug! (No offense to your programmer, but that was my first thought when I saw the prices. I ran over here to see what was up.) Thanks so much! And I've been saying how I need to take it easy on my credit cards! :(

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:03 PM

SOOOOOO membership has it's privilages. 50% sale plus PCLub discount on daz items, woah.

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:07 PM

Ugg I want to see but I can not load DAZ right now. Can't wait to see though.

AkoSteve ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:11 PM

What a time to be without extra cash! I was a little freaked out too, Crescent. After blinking a few times and viewing my wishlist I decided it must be real.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:14 PM

Sale goes on til Aug 13th looks like. I was all panicing, oh gotta gotta gotta. took a break to have a cig and calm down, I do not have to buy the entire Daz store tonight, it's okay. count to 10. breath. okay, need another cig. UGHHHHH!

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:15 PM

So is it only me who can not get into DAZ? And nope I am not on dila up got cable. I want in Not like I have any moey to spend right now but hopeing I will soon I want in!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:18 PM

Now is the ideal time to buy the V2 CD, then get hold of V3. plus the morphs and textures. Me, I already had them so I bought a ton of stuff from the Platinum club, plus the Skeleton AV (finally at a realistic price) and a few other Premier items. Damn good move, DAZ. Many thanks for draining my bank account (yet again). :)

My Store

My Gallery

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:21 PM

Uh.... The sale is nice, but I already have everything in the PC that I want. Hope they add some new items soon. Maybe I don't have everything. I'll take another look tomorrow. Ah, self restraint - NOT.

AkoSteve ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:30 PM

Pray you don't get in Blazerwiccan or you too will be twitching in front of your computer moniter trying desperately to click on the check out link with a shakey hand...stay away!

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:32 PM

anybody know the limit of Daz wishlist??? I'm going CRAZY calculating all this stuff.

Blazerwiccan ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:39 PM

LOL But I want in and I want in now I can't spend anything today anyway but tomorrow hmmm lol.

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:40 PM

Hmmm.... New promotion to platinum club, and burried somewhere is Mimic 1.0 for 1.99 acording to the brochure... Anyone found that yet? ~DM

AkoSteve ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:52 PM

Well I didn't see 1.0 but 2.0 is there and sporting the new pricetag.

dialyn ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 8:53 PM

PayPal worked the way was supposed to!!! So much for not spending money. Though I am rather fussed that I spent money last week on stuff that's this week is on sale. Oh well, that's the way it goes.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 9:31 PM

Did anyone else notice the bit about Michael 3.0 going on sale September 1st?

timoteo1 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:00 PM

I suuuuure did.

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:03 PM

yeah, but september is still a ways away. They also changed they're stance on the anual subscription (you now get the $5 voucher). I wouldn't be supprised if that changes again. ~DM

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:08 PM

So where is the annoucement of this stuff? And the Michael 3 in Setember? Just trying to see what is what and if the PC discount is permanent or just during the sale etc.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:08 PM

m3 sept 1? where is that? gewd the screens flying so fast I cant stand still to check things. grrr

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:12 PM
AkoSteve ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:17 PM

The PC items that are discounted have a date for when the sale ends.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:38 PM

Thanks for the link and stuff .. Looks like it will be a painful month for the old wallet. .. lets see. 70 items at 99 cents a piece Shudders

raven ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:44 PM

Did anyone get a 30% PC discount on the 50% off Premier stuff, or is that just me being too greedy? ;) I just got the Fantasy Wrap2 for $9.98, thinking 'aha! this should only be ~$7 now!' Nope, $9.98. Which is still a fine price though, now to spend the rest of my voucher! :)

timoteo1 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 10:48 PM

Sorry if this has been addressed and I just missed it (either here or in the mailing), but ... Will current PC members receive the $5/month voucher? Thanks, Tim

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:18 PM

Well the sale is great, BUT I had just bought some things the last couple of days, now their cheeper than the sale price I payed for. Not Happy right now. I think they should have said more in the begining. I could have waited.

timoteo1 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:21 PM

Ditto. Happens all the time though, not just with DAZ.

Dave-So ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:32 PM

Yeah--I bought all the DAZ original stuff about a week or so ago in the Pclub with my MIMic voucher

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:33 PM

Contact Daz, beryld. They have a price warranty. I know this has happened before. They usually put the difference into a voucher, if I recall correctly. ~DM

timoteo1 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:38 PM

That would be nice. It also wouldn't surprise me ... they are one of the "coolest" companies I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with ... they're EXTREMELY CS orientated.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:50 PM

Michael 3.0 on Sept. 1st!!!!! A long time away? That's about 31 days. Not long at all... Kuroyume

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

AkoSteve ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:52 PM

Price warranty eh? I'll have to look into that. I was just thinking it would be prudent to time certain purchases based on the differences in price.

CrystalDragon ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2003 at 11:56 PM

Well, close enough not to buy more stuff for M2, and far enough away to start saving. :p ~DM

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 01 August 2003 at 12:09 AM

I sure Daz will work something out. They did it once, a year ago, and gave me a voucher. I have not lost faith with daz over this little thing. I had my eye on the tex converter for a long time, now's the time to get it. I still think they could have said something more. Some of the stuff earlier this month was with my Mimic voucher. could have saved it for this. Oh Well, If it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.