Thu, Sep 19, 8:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: V3 question regarding use with multi-figure scenes.

AkoSteve ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 2:32 PM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 9:09 PM

I was just wondering if anyone else has encountered a problem making V3 morph when there are other figures in the scene. I have noticed I have this happen if I have Daz's Cyclorama loaded first. I just work around it by loading that last. Now however, I am in another situation and there is no Cyclorama. Stephanie and Mike are just fine but V3's face is looking rather plastic at the moment. I have found nothing here or at Daz regarding this but maybe I didn't have right words for the search.

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 5:33 PM

I tried but couldn't replicate your problem (although the V3 injections have crapped out on me before). I loaded Mike, Steph, then V3 and she injected fine. Then I made a new scene, loaded the cyclorama, then V3, and again she injected okay. What I have noticed is the best (most reliable) way for me is to first select V3's head (or whatever part I'm injecting). Hit the tick in the library (rather than double-clicking). It looks like nothing happens. Then I select another of her parts (e.g. eyeball) and then re-select the head. When I do that, the morph appears in the list. Have you downloaded the service release for V3? I'm just wondering if this problem was solved by that. It's on the Daz product page for V3.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

AkoSteve ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 5:55 PM

Thanks for your response, Karen. I do have the service release. It's very strange. I just hate thinking that I'm going to have to start over on my scene, it's become very complex at this point. My situation is that morphs are already injected but when I go change the dial values nothing happens. Before this was always something that I noticed happening if Cyclorama was loaded. Once I would delete that from the scenes then all the dial adjustments would immediately appear on the figure. In this particular scene I have null loader, Stephanie, Michael 2, and then 2 V3s. I've used 2 V3s before so I don't think that's what the issue is. Maybe something just got corrupted or I am doing something wrong (I'm still pretty new to Poser). Oh well, I'll keep working on it. I really do appreciate the response!

KarenJ ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 6:00 PM

Have you tried loading a V3 in a new scene, doing her morphs, saving her as a figure (a .cr2) and then opening your main scene and add her from the library? She should import with all her morphs intact if you've saved her as a character. I must say I haven't encountered that particular problem with her before. It might be worth contacting Daz tech support and asking them if it's been reported before. That's about all I can think of I'm afraid!

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

AkoSteve ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 6:03 PM

I'll do just what you suggest, Karen. Thanks for suggesting that. I have been putting off writing Daz though since I've already sent 2 e-mails this weekend, heh. Maybe I'll write them about this next weekend. :) They're going to start rolling their eyes when they see my e-mail address in the inbox.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 6:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.nerd3d.com

Have you tried using nerd's Cross talk fix? follow the link. When you have it installed in Poser. 1. New scene, load cross talk fix first. 2.select body, it will say No Actor. 3. load figure, select body. 4. load cross talk fix, and select body. 5. keep doing this for all the figures you want to use. You can add your morphs, clothing and other props to the figures after without worry.

AkoSteve ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 6:43 PM

Well I was using something to stop cross talk but I will check out the one from Nerd3d and see if that prevents this problem. Thanks!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 9:51 PM

I was thinking more on the line of separateing figures, not so much as the cross talk. Mind you I had Mike2 cross talk with V3 last night, can't figure that one out. Hasn't done it today. Must be those pesky Poser Gremlins.

AkoSteve ( ) posted Sun, 03 August 2003 at 10:20 PM

Hmm that is odd. Well I don't know what the issue for me is/was. Just on a whim I re-injected the morphs and suddenly all the settings I had made went into effect. I've never had to do that before. Well I guess odd isn't too uncommon with computers. Anyway thanks again for the suggestion. I'll give it a try on my next one.

TT ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 5:54 AM

My Millineum people cross talk all the time, but here is a solution, works for me. :) Robert Whisenant's Null loader http://www.daz3d.com/support/index.php?id=7

"I like my species the way it is."

AkoSteve ( ) posted Tue, 05 August 2003 at 12:58 PM

Actually that is the one I was using, and it has always done a great job. I am not convinced my issue this time was cross talk though. Anyway, I certainly appreciate all the advice and links!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.