Fri, Sep 20, 1:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Swappable parts function??

2002LaughingVulcan ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 9:53 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 1:31 AM

My question of the day is, has anyone ever figured out (fully) the numbering used for the alternate body part system? This is best illustrated on the genital function on the nude Dork and the Poser 2 and 1 figure's changeable hands, as seen below: NUDE DORK: alternateGeom hip_1 { name Genitals Off objFile 20 :Runtime:Geometries:newMaleNudeHi:newHipNoGen.obj } . . . __________ POSER 2 Woman: alternateGeom lHand_2 { name GetStringRes(1037,2) objFile 1002 :Runtime:Geometries:femaleHandsHi:lHandShape_2.obj } . . .defaultGeomName GetStringRes(1037,1) . . . Why are the genitals designated as obj file 20, while the alternate hands are obj files #1002 and up? What lies, numerically, between them? Or are the numbers coded in at random? I'm trying to come up with changeable heads on the P2 Female, just for learning purposes, setting it up so I could spin the dial (as on the P2 hands) and change to one of multiple heads. If any pros in this area (including any Poser 4 coders lurking out there) could give suggestions as to how the program numbers the specified various alternate parts, I'd appreciate it. One last question to those in the know about this...could an alternate head have morphs installed and still be swappable? Is there a way to tell Poser in the CR2 file that this morph ONLY applies to, say, head_3? Thanks, much guys!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 12:53 PM

Attached Link: Geometry swap thread

I asked about the same questions some time ago. Here's the thread, it's explained pretty good in there :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

2002LaughingVulcan ( ) posted Mon, 04 August 2003 at 1:41 PM

Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.