Wed, Sep 18, 5:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: a series of Three for the Duomo (Cathedral S. Maria del Fiore) pic 1

gallimel ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 6:42 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 4:58 AM

file_70532.jpg

first vision..:)

gallimel ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 6:43 AM

file_70533.jpg

second one...

gallimel ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 6:44 AM

file_70534.jpg

third one...and last :)

Artax ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 7:21 AM

these are nice shots... only a little advice... keep your eyes on the falling lines and on the optical distortion...

gallimel ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 7:23 AM

yep :) Right, this is indeed a wonderful advice :) I always get sort of vertigo when I see the pics I take.. :P sometimes is something I want to obtain.. but here it wasn't really :) Ty :)

gallimel ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 7:51 AM

thank you for tellin me i am getting a bit better. Itvwould be sad otherwise, as I am trying to learn from you all great people here :) The buildings around the Duomo are offices of the Curia, an hospital and the placement for Healthy calls ;) In a way, I hope to never being able to take upper shots :P :P :P But I get what you mean :)I will go to the U2 pub in the plaza :) Maybe if I am lucky I'll impact in Bono. He's often in Florence, and you know when some u2 member is there cos the pub closes unless you're not signed up to their fanclub (that's the official fanclub presidency place ::))

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 11:51 AM

Wonderful architecture..... the vertical perspective is something that can be fixed in PS... barring that they do make special lenses for this sort of photograpy...of course these lenses do not come cheap.

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

starshuffler ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 4:16 PM

Or you could check out Misha's tutorial on correcting perspectives. ;-) (it's in the resource center tutorial section, in case any one is wondering what i'm talking about) Btw, these are amazing structures! Thanks for sharing them, Meli! :-) (*

firestorm ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2003 at 5:56 PM

hi, more photos of italy!!...this REALLY makes me want to visit there... :-) your photos are coming along nicely except for the perspective problem. the perspective adjustment in ps (as mentioned above) is a good work around. also, maybe picking out details for close-up shots could be another approach, but that depends on what you were trying to convey with the photos. i like #2 because of the almost graphical quality to it (would be better when the perspective problem is sorted). with #3 i'm not sure of the little punto there...on the one hand i like it because it contrasts with the large number of people (the opposite of what you normally see in largee cities), on the other, it is a distraction as i find my eye drawn to the white.

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

gallimel ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 3:00 AM

thank you all for the inputs. I will try to work out the persepctive stuff... the IXUS itself consent some work on it :) so I will just have to experiment more :) Yeah the detailing is one of the approach I could choose.. but I wanted before to give you all a complete image before dwelling into detailes.. :) so that in a way.. you can literally follow the place like you could be tourists there :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.