Sun, Oct 6, 1:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Texture mapping for Dummies....

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 9:55 AM ยท edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 10:24 PM

me! Since I'm now a 2 days Vue owner I can't stop playing and I'm now a happy Bryce convert.:) And of course I want to use my other favorite (Poser) too. Since I have the actual patches applied it made no problems to import the .obj file. Buuuut...all I get is a (rather beautiful) stone like figure. I would be happy if I were after THAT, but I'm not and therefore not happy! Importing with textures is a no go (since Vue won't read them shrug) So I imported untextured and tried to apply by hand. Also a no go since I get the texture map (head or body) in the Object texture browser but only a nice gray on the figure. I read the forum messages and made 3ds and DXF files and imported them...the same. Now I read the problem would be because the poser figure were morphed (yes it is!) Can somebody tell me how to map a morphed Michael with the corresponding Body- and Head Textures? Every help is greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 10:06 AM

Actually, you should have no problems if you import it as a pz3. Make sure Poser's application is closed before you import the pz3. I use morphs all the time and never a problem. Pz3 will import all textures too. Sharen

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 10:36 AM

Yes, Sharen is right:-). Morphed or not morphed is not important as all. Vue always imports properly pz3. Don't forget that vue doesn't import your light settings from Poser. You must create new lights in Vue. Inside Vue you also can change ALL the maps of your Poser figure individually, even the eyes and other small parts. But as you have Vue for only 2 days, I let you experiment with it. Happy Vue time! Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 10:37 AM

Once more: Vue ONLY imports from Poser 4, not yet from Poser 5.

Insom_Nia ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 10:44 AM

Thank you! PZ3 works but it's still an interesting problem, right? :) (I'm really a dummie since I had Poser open all the time...)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 11:40 AM

No, no you are not, it happened to me too. Have fun with it, I still love using mine. You know to be honest with you I don't think there has ever been another software that I enjoyed using as much as Vue. Sharen

ArtJosephNito ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 2:17 PM

From Poser 5, export as OBJ. This pretty well import in VUE with the textures. It works for me. -my 2 cents.

spider1313 ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2003 at 6:01 PM

Welcome aboard Insom Nia! Nice group of folks, eh?!?

Kinda OT here, but I, too, was/am a dummie...LOL!!!
So I didn't KNOW that Poser was supposed to be closed when importing into VUE..
BUT, ya know what? For me, running Poser4.03 and VUE (with all updates) on a P4/1.9GhZ/1GigRAM, it doesn't make a difference, i.e. I can keep 'em both open and still import .pz3's!
Just wondering if anyone else can do this, or am I even more special than I had originally thought...;-)?!?
==steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.