Sat, Sep 21, 3:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Lightwave3D 6 vs. True Space4

lilmikee ( ) posted Mon, 10 July 2000 at 7:52 PM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 3:18 PM

I am thinking looking to get a better 3d software package then Poser or bryce4. I am looking at Lightwave6 or True Space4. I would love to have 3D Studio Max but can't afford it. I am looking for a program that gives me the most bang for my buck at creating models and props and has a great render engine for creating and animating scenes. I am currently a student so I can use an educational discount to purchase some software. I can get Lightwave 6 for $900, which is a great price but stil pricy for me. Or I can get True Space for $280. Both use the same rendering engine and I must say that I am impressed by the work I have seen using True Space. Does anyone have any feedback for me? I would appreciate it. Thank You Lilmikee

fredoman ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2000 at 10:33 PM

Lightwave. If you can afford it, don't even consider it any longer.

Deimos ( ) posted Wed, 12 July 2000 at 9:52 PM

True Space is dirt cheap I have the light version number 3 that came with a computer arts magazine. It cost me $20 canadian. Though I put every thing to gether for rendering and animation in poser.

konan ( ) posted Wed, 26 July 2000 at 6:31 PM

Deimos, I am adapting my Maximum Pose software into a plug-in for TrueSpace (Poser -> TrueSpace animation). The developement is going quite smoothly and it should be ready in no less than a month. Sned me an email to get on the contact list konan@spacemoose.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.