Fri, Sep 20, 4:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: --IMPORTANT SURVEY--: Do You visit the PRODUCT SHOWCASE?

Strixowl ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 2:18 PM

I have "never" visited it, but have spent tons of $$. I always check "What's New" and read the Poser forum. So commercial products prieviews in the forum are a bit redundunt. I do appreciate the posts where a merchant askes for what folks would want in a new products, such as PhilC's recent post. I also like getting a heads up on differant freebies from all over the web. I guess I'll have to check it out atleast once :-)

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 2:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1376907

The Moderators and admins are discussing this issue. Said issue being: the Merchants feel that not enough people visit the Showcase Forum. The Poser forum does not want the ads back in the forum. Here is a thread in the forum for you guys to discuss in: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=1376907

capsces ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 2:35 PM

I take offense at the implication that all I'm doing here is fishing for sales. I happen to be proud of the morphs and characters I make. I enjoy sharing them with others. I'm an artist, a member of this community and a customer as much as you are. This is my art. Not once have I disregarded the guidelines related to posting ads in this forum. I resent being berated and belittled when I am not breaking any rules. I could understand all this if there were a rule against me posting an image of an item that may eventually be for sale. But where are you going to draw the line? Any image posted in this forum could potentially be an ad. How am I to know that Joe Blow didn't come in here and post their image wanting to know why something doesn't work as a guise to show their upcoming product. This is silly. You DO NOT have to click on my posts. On a less heated note, I like the idea of flagging posts with the option to filter out the type of posts you do not wish to see. In general, I'm not fighting for this forum to be inundated with commercial posts. I want clear rules, not rules I am to guess at, not rules that might get my posts moved and get me reprimanded when I have followed them. :) Beth

capsces ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 2:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=589469

And for the record, here are the only guidelines I can find on this subject and the thread they are in. I posted these in another thread, but some may not have seen that one. ****************************** The Product Showcase Forum and Art Gallery are intended for the promotion of any commercially available item offered within the 2D/3D art community. This includes, but is not restricted to Renderosity MarketPlace advertising. Overt advertising of this nature located on any of the other forums/galleries will be transferred to the Product Showcase areas. Posts may be identified as such if they contain statements similar to "Now available at [store]", "On Sale", "For Sale in my Store" or contain direct URLs to e-commerce or subscription pages. Artistic images that discreetly credit the makers of commercial items used are not restricted to the showcase areas.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 2:54 PM

Capsces: who is berating and belittling you? I've noticed few, if any, complaints when you post your images and you are far from the most obvious referant for the "cheeseballing" post, so why are you so cross? (If you have been attacked personally I'll put in a preemptive oops, sorry, limping off with foot in mouth....)

capsces ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 3:25 PM

No one has directly attacked me, RHaseltine, but reference was made to cartoon characters which my posts, of late, have contained. The whole thread is in regard to posts of WIPs of commercial products. I rarely post images of anything else. I rarely have time to do images of anything else. I'm trying to make a little extra income to supplement my husband's. I'm not an evil money monger out to strip you guys of every penny you have. If I was, I'd definitely be doing something else. Though no one has attacked me personally, as these kind of threads keep popping up, eventually the few posts I make here WILL be banned for violation of something. I still can't imagine skipping through a few WIPs being as bad as reading through this one thread. It takes me longer to read through this thread than to view all the posts of commercial WIPs in the last week. ;) Beth

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 3:49 PM

I check the Product Showcase forum regularly. I am not a merchant anywhere.

barb ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 9:26 PM

Yes - I visit the Product Showcase forum to see what's new and what's up and coming. Actually I visit there every time I come here.

dewo ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 12:14 AM

No. Never been

c1rcle ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 3:01 AM

If the product Showcase forum is to go & all the threads moved back to here then capsces is right there needs to be a new addition to the filtering on the forums. We already have a filter for nudity & violence even if people sometimes forget to use them :) so it shouldn't be that difficult to add a new one to filter out ads. At the end of the day if a merchant comes here & can't advertise their work then they'll go elsewhere & we'll all lose out.

PointLady ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 3:27 AM

Yes, I always visit this forum - you can see whats new before visiting the Marketplace, cause then you get an idea of whether this is an item that interests you or not, see the feedback from others, helps you decide if you may want it or not. Leave it there. Jan

ShadowWind ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 2:45 PM

I don't visit the Product Showcase forum, but I do a what's new of All Galleries and if something catches my fancy in the PS gallery than I look at it. Mostly though I shop by what's new in the marketplace unless I am looking for something specific and then I will go hunting through the sections. Sometimes I also check the what's on sale category as well...

ShadowWind

ShadowRose ( ) posted Tue, 12 August 2003 at 11:58 AM

I look at it everday. I look at the Poser forums much less.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.