Fri, Oct 4, 2:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: What are .srf or .tgw files???

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 12:46 PM · edited Mon, 26 August 2024 at 4:02 AM

I dnld some freebies that say they where useable in VUE...as stated above what are they, & where do they go within VUE if applicable. TIA - Debby

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:06 PM

srf is, as far as I know a text format (spectral response function) and has nothing to do with Vuee or 3D. If I'm wrong, somebody may correct me. tgw= Terma Gram Format is an altered TIF format. Nothing to do with Vue and 3D either. If I'm wrong, somebody may correct me. :-) Guitta

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:10 PM

BTW take care what you download from where. And get a good anti-virus program. In our Backroom are many links for textures and objects to download. And we have our free stuff at Renderosity too. You need weeks if you would download all:-)

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 1:28 PM

Thanks...all set to go with that!!!! Antivirus always running ;)...Knock on wood...Have never had a virus or HD crash....Knocking very hard now LOL. shhhhhhhh :)

lingrif ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 3:15 PM

.tgw files are Terragen (landscape rendering software) "world" files. .srf files are Terragen surface (or landscape .mat type files). As far as I know, these can't be used in Vue.

www.lingriffin.com

gebe ( ) posted Sun, 10 August 2003 at 3:31 PM

LOL, so simple:-). Funny is that they are also extensions of other "software". You are right, Terragen files cannot be opened in Vue.

hein ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 1:25 AM

Attached Link: http://filext.com/

This is a very good source of EXT info

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 2:28 AM

Thanks for the link hein:-)

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 10:26 AM

Attached Link: http://www.endungen.de/index.php

And here is another one - in both you don't find .tgw. By the way, even when it sounds german it is not. Lol, Walther

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 10:32 AM

tgv = train grande vitesse tgw = train grande witesse (German) LOL Walther:-)

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 10:40 AM

:-)) It seems to be hot over there as well, isn't it. We already have the first heat damages, my brain!

gebe ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 10:44 AM

hm? Who spoke? Were am I? Yes, very hot.

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2003 at 10:50 AM

The question here is "who am I"? And "why am i not at home or in a swimming pool"? Have a nice evening - i am going home now. If i can find it. Lol, Walther

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.