Tue, Oct 22, 2:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: How many morphs are too many?

artnik ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2000 at 1:07 AM ยท edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 11:31 PM

I'm wondering if there is a limit to the number of morph targets one can use on any given area. It seems as though there are a lot of morphs to try out and It would be interesting to have almost limitless options and combinations to work with. Is that possible, or is there no such thing as the ultimate morphable Poser? I was just visiting Morph World and doing some D/L's,(I'm just beginning to collect them)and it occurred to me that w/all the morphs available, an all-purpose Poser could be absolutely awesome! Could something like that even be attempted? Wouldn't be something to have a Poser for almost anything you needed? Or as a semi-newbie, am I just too unfamiliar w/what's possible? The UM Posers are along those lines and great but... Maybe I dream too much, or something.

Quixotic-Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2000 at 1:23 AM

Haven't run into any morph limitations yet. I've use ALOT too!

bushi ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2000 at 4:09 AM

I recall that at one point this number had been determined to be 256 MTs / body part in P4. That was before the latest P4 patch so it could have changed as a result of the patch.

Traveler ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2000 at 8:27 AM

99 Before the patch No limit after :) -Trav

Schlabber ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2000 at 12:06 PM

Traveller you're right. I created a P4-Woman with more than 900 !! Morphs and ... it is possible - but the size of the *.cr2 is nearly impossible for RAM-poor Computers ... It's about 25 MByte big ...

artnik ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2000 at 2:12 PM

That was another item, how much RAM it might use. Which reminds me, is there any way to allot more memory for Poser?Sometimes it asks for more memory and I haven't figured out where to make the change. I probably have enough to make the change. I have added 128MB RAM to the original 64 the system had installed.

Traveler ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2000 at 3:31 PM

Art: The amount of RAM used would depend on the size of the .cr2 and the .obj of the figure (I believe Poser loads them both into memory?) So for the 900 one above it would be like 25 megs + 1.5 megs for the figure + any other props, etc, + some for the general Poser overhead (which can be alot it seems) So it adds up rather quick. Basically the more RAM you can throw at it the better. -Trav

bushi ( ) posted Sun, 16 July 2000 at 5:09 PM

Trav - Thanks for the correction. Who would know better then you. grins

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.