Thu, Sep 19, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: particleIllusion SE bundled with DIGIT

hartcons ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 8:07 PM ยท edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

Issue 64 of Digit mag has particleIllusion SE which retails for $99 at www.wondertouch.com Got my copy today at Border's (they seem to run one or two issues behind). http://www.digitmag.co.uk/backissues/

res1yfb1 ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 10:33 PM

thanks..went to borders and got it!

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2003 at 10:59 PM

bummer ...our Borders here does not carry it...and Barnes and Noble did not have any

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

tkane18 ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2003 at 10:28 PM

Is there any way to use it or import with C2 or C3? Or is this post processing only?

hartcons ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 10:30 AM

I think it's mostly for post processing but I suppose you could also use it as a generator to create some video or a still that could then be imported into C as a texture map or scene background or something along those lines. This technology has also been incorporated into Discreet's Combustion compositing product.

Vidar ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 3:26 PM

hartcons is right,go to www.wondertouch.com and look what you can do with it.i really cant wait to get my copy,i ordered it yesterday.i think it is the SE version and a upgrade to particle illusion 3 costs 150 us dollars.really cool,cause i wanted to buy it next month and so i saved a lot of money.

sfdex ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 5:52 PM

You can upgrade to pI 3 from the purchased version of pI SE for 150 bucks, but not from the free version that comes with Digit. That's Alan's way of making those of us who bought SE not feel cheated. That said, pI SE is an amazing package, itself. It's truly awesome in combination with other packages like AfterEffects. There are also some export tools designed for use with 3DS and Lightwave for tracking pI effects into 3D packages, but nothing has been developed for Cararra as far as I know. Get it if you can; it's a very fun tool! (You may need to update the drivers for your video card, but you should probably do that anyway!)

Sentinal ( ) posted Wed, 27 August 2003 at 5:30 PM

The next issue of digit mag, (issue 66 - out in the UK on 18 sept) has the full version of carrara studio 1.1. It's billed as being the full version, no limits. Don't suppose it'll be any use too the folks in here though, except for draggin' the like of me in to see what it's capable of.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.