Tue, Sep 3, 9:11 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 31 8:02 am)

Subject: size of imported objects

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2003 at 8:40 PM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 2:06 AM

If I import a PZ3 scene into vue with a V3 in a plane then it comes in as a really little object. If I go back to poser, make theplane invisible and import the PZ3 again then the V3 is scaled very much bigger. that's even if I uncheck the preference in vue which says rescale and centre imported objects. Any ideas? I'd like the two V3s to be the same size so I can replace one with the other as the one in the plane always messes up her textures - see earlier thread. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 4:39 AM

I usually create my pz3's separate, say I want 2 V3, I create them and then import them both, works great. And Vue likes it and handles it well. Sharen

RHaseltine ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 6:33 AM

Have you checked the scale factors in the parameter box to the top-right of the Vue interface - that usually seems consistent.

Spit ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 6:33 AM

Vue is probably calculating the final size by the largest element in the import. So, in Poser bring in a cube from the Prop Types folder. Size it large enough for the plane to be inside it. When you export, export the cube also. So one export is V3 and the Cube, the other is the plane and the cube. So they should all come in at the right size in relation to each other. You can delete the cubes in Vue.

estherau ( ) posted Mon, 25 August 2003 at 8:31 AM

Those scale thingies in the parameter box on the right top side of vue did not help. I set the vickies to the same numbers but they weren't the same. Must have been referencing each object in it's own scale or something. However I love the cube idea. I think that's my answer. I can't wait to try it but I have to as I need to sleep and then work tomorrow. I'll let you know if that works. I think it will. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

haegerst ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 3:23 AM

I always rescale my imported object by hand... I dont use any fix values or scales - I normally try to compare figures with known objects (Doors, Windows, cars, and so on) to get a proper scaling... Normally even my own models dont fit together - I gotta rescale them to fit my own scenes...

Vue content creator
www.renderarmy.com

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 9:08 AM

Imported two PZ3s yesterday, one with Victoria, one with the SAMS3D Haunted House and setting the scale to 1.00 for both gave reasonable proportions.

runwolf13 ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2003 at 1:55 PM

Here's the poser import issue I'm having... When I import a figure, it is exactly 100 times to small. BUT, if I scale it up (X, Y and Z all set to 100) it looks right in the wireframes. But when I render, it is 100 times to big. When I rescale to 1, it is in the correct place and correct scale. My work around has been blow up by 100, place, test render, hit escape, rescale to 1, render. It works, but what a pain.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.