Fri, Sep 20, 8:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Babes & Strawberries

Tedz ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 12:10 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:36 AM

file_74400.jpg

Here is a wee photo of some Strawberry Pickers, at Motueka, New Zealand. The Origional...no I didn't take it....is well over 100 Years Old...I know...I know...I have a good memory. I just show this, as I found it profound that Black & White Photography has not changed much, over the past Century....but Fashion has. If You have an interest in being lured into this Thread....I am lonely...and I need a cuddle :)

Tommy3D ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 12:16 AM

I'll cuddle with you Tedz/Brenda:) Hugz, Tommy

Tedz ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 12:22 AM

file_74401.jpg

I mean ...Men were Men , back in the Old Days...even though I am a real keen Bloke...I wish it wuz still like the Olden Days ...and Ya didn't have to have a Bath..*scratch* *scratch* ...that is the thing I hate the most....is the Big Spring Scrub....still...I have the Bath Tub...might as well De-Louse....what about You....are You lonely...would You like to Meet Me in the Forum...talk about the Olden Days....or will You just tell Me to Sod off...because You take Life a wee bit more serious than Me...*scratch*...*scratch*...

Tommy3D ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 12:28 AM

I won't tell you to sod off, and I never take you serious:) Cool old pics BTW Hugz

Tedz ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 12:30 AM

file_74402.jpg

Hey Thanks Tommy3D. I bet there were Pioneers like You...just when a Feller in the Bush, might have needed a bit of Male Bonding ...I bet someone like You wuz there Tommy. What a Guy! Just when I wuz feeling a wee bit down.....now I am really Depressed :(

Tedz ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 12:37 AM

file_74403.jpg

Men were Men back then....they had to be....there were no Woman. A pretty Man was always in big demand....*sigh*...those were the Day's...eh...Tommy...*wink* *wink*...

Tommy3D ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 12:38 AM

Where did you find these cool old pics?? They are great! (ignores your last insult)

Tedz ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 12:52 AM

file_74404.jpg

....and finally...the Gardening Godfather of Levin, New Zealand. A Penniless Immigrant from Italy, who went on to Build a Dynasty through Green Vegetables and Tomato's. Sorry to drive You batty...anyone other than Tommy3D...but....these early Historical Photos from the area where I Live, have now been Displayed....there is nothing worse than being forgotten....even if You have been Dead for 100 Years. Ta ta for now....enjoy Your Day!

Tedz ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 1:03 AM

Good on You Tommy...I apologies for the Insult...I wuz jest Testing Your Mettle. These Photos...I photographed them hanging in an Old Vegetable Shop about to be Demolished...the Originals are all early New Zealand Shots. The Men holding the Fish...were Faeroe Islanders...early Settlers...I sailed with many... The Chaps in the Bush...came from Old Blighty (England) to Pan for Gold, Dig for the Prized Kauri Gum or Fell Trees. It was a lonely Life for a Settler....as Women were in short supply....all the Babes were picking Strawberries....there was no need to Bath very often....even the Babes didn't bother. Hugz Tommy! What a Guy. Mwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwah!

Tommy3D ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 1:27 AM

LOL!! Hey thanks for the look back! Lots of similar history between NZ and the US, my Grandfather came here from Ireland so not many old pics from him, but my Grandmother's family has been here since the late 1600's. Her family has taken old pics since our Civil war to settling the old west. Have a lot of pics that look much like what you posted, I guess pioneers are pioneers wherever you go. See you on the morrow! Tommy

Misha883 ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2003 at 7:55 AM

Thanks for saving and showing these wonderful old photos.

Niutek ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 2:58 AM

These are just brilliant, Brian - thank you so much for showing them! I love 'em! The Gardening Godfather just rocks! :))) hugz

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 9:05 AM

kewl! snoogums :] just a quick peek... these are really neat! i'll just let you guys bond while Nuitek & I go strawberry picking... ta-ta

Tedz ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 10:52 AM

....remember....I am only a Guy....sometimes....I will come Pick the Strawbs with You and Niutek :)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 6:21 PM

Oh don't know how I missed these before! Must've posted them while I was going thru 70 pages of missed gallery images! Wonderful stuff... I love these old shots! I'm the kind of person who'll buy antique photographs of people I don't know at antiques stores and stuff....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

Tedz ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 7:05 PM

Ya can Buy these off Me Michelle...$5.00 each...the same Price I charge for everyone's Art I steal....including Yours! Ooh...btw Michelle....I just Luuuuuuuuuuuurve OUR 3 Strawberry Logo!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 7:11 PM

LMAO....have I told you lately what a freek you are?

--- michelleamarante.com

Tedz ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 7:18 PM

A Freak? Me???? Has Cynlee told You something about Me???? It is supposed to be Private ....now everybody will know! Can nothing be kept a Secret on Renderosity? Surely, a Man's Privates are His Own Business....no matter how many Willy's He may have :(

Tommy3D ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 7:27 PM

What private parts????? Any smaller and they would be a pimple on your behind!

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 7:40 PM

Kind of like a Ken doll?

--- michelleamarante.com

Tedz ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 7:42 PM

Well, You sure are on the Ball , McGruff....ready to Pounce! Yes, Tommy, I do admit that they are small...that is why I have 5 ...this is of no discomfort, whatsoever....and, of course, My Undies Fit like a Glove! I already have a Pimple on My Behind, that is proving most ....er....troublesome....He used to be a Reporter from the Memphis Daily Blab...remember....oh Lowly One....the High Commander Giveth....and the High Commander Taketh Away! Hugz McGruff....er...Peepiola ? Oh yeah ....still reading Playboy and Cappuccino.

Tedz ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 7:49 PM

Er....Michelle....more like a Bill Doll...yeah...in England they had Bob the Builder Bill Doll...sigh...much better than Buzz Lightyear ....the Ghost of the poor Strawberry Pickers will be shocked! "Oh...look...they have a Battery Powered Strawberry Extractor...soon We will get the Vote"....I only put that in about the vote...for it was NZ, the first to give Woman the chance to Vote in Our Modern World. Have a nice Day ....oh....and I have other Sex Organs too....but not the type You Name Tractors after :)

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 7:53 PM

Oh I see Bob The Builder....he has a big Tool....he uses it to Bang things..... I'm getting interested now....but what's this.....that isn't a tractor in your pants?

--- michelleamarante.com

Tedz ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 8:02 PM

file_74405.jpg

Well...sorry I was side tracked...here is My FINAL Blah Blah...I must now go and Plough the Loins of Mother Earth, if I am to receive a Bountiful Harvest. Bon Jour!

Tedz ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 8:08 PM

PS: No...not a Tractor in my Pants ...this is My Seed Spreader :) I am just a simple Man, a bit of Earth, My Hoe, My Rake and somwhere to Lay Me down. Go to Beddy Bye Bye's. The Sandman is coming:)

Tommy3D ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 8:08 PM

HA! More like a tinker toy!!

Tedz ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 8:34 PM

Five Tinker Toys! I don't get Packets of 3 when I buy the Condominiums at the Chemist!

Tommy3D ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 8:44 PM

Five Condominiums (emphasis on the minimum) that should be a lifetime supply for you:) Hugz

Michelle A. ( ) posted Thu, 04 September 2003 at 8:45 PM

Oh my I think I need some strawberries......! Where did Dave go? He's my berry supply man ya know....

--- michelleamarante.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.