Sat, Oct 5, 9:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Mouse wheel and dials

heli232 ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 3:02 AM ยท edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 10:16 PM

For me the Poser dials look a little bit old fashioned. I would like to act them the following way : I klick on a dial to activate it, and than I use the mouse wheel to change the value. I think its more intuitive to use a wheel to set a dial than to move the whole mouse. I think it was designed when there where no wheelmice around. Is there a way to write a small VB or Delphi program to let the mouse act that way?

cubed ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 5:18 AM

good idea heli232! wish i knew but im taging in to see if anyone has info

compiler ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 10:49 AM

Bookmarking shamelessly this excellent idea.

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 11:00 AM

There is a clumsy and clunky way to do it in Python. For the selected body part, run up a TK panel with sliders for each parameter, then TK can handle mouse-wheel action for its own sliders. The one halfway nice thing about this method: the parms represented on the panel could be a small set, just the ones you're likely to need.... such as only the tran and rot parms, or only the non-blank morphs.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

maclean ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 6:35 PM

Sounds like a great idea.... so you can bet your horse and buggy that CL will never implement it. If they can't make the libraries scroll with a mouse-wheel, there isn't a snowball's chance in Hell for the parameter dials. mac

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2003 at 10:27 PM

Hmmm, prehaps a legacy of the fact that Mac mice (at least traditionally) had no wheels. I've thought about trying to finesse it but one problem is that the parameters controls don't appear to be standard Windows elements. The manual entry dialog you get by double clicking is a window so could probably popup a "wheelable" interface and use it to drive that but you wouldn't have the realtime feedback so it would be pretty useless. Maybe you could translate the wheel motion to drags. You might even be able to do that via the mouse driver setup. The Python method of course would work only if you have ProPack or Poser 5.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

compiler ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 4:01 AM

In Poser 5; you CAN scroll libraries with the wheel, and the dial palette too, but not the dial wheels themselves.

heli232 ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2003 at 7:49 AM

I was thinking about a visual basic program between the mouse and the system that changes wheel moves to "press left mousbutton and move the cursor 20 pixels to the right" But its not an easy task.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.