Thu, Sep 19, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Is Poser Addictive?

rdf ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 2:28 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:32 PM

Should we seek help? Should we start a support group?

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 2:33 AM

Is Poser Addictive? Yes. Should we start a support group? No. It'd just feed the addiction. Cold turkey would be the only solution. Lord help us.....

ph0enixx ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 2:46 AM

Yes, we must seek help. Its too, too addictive. It's 3am and I have a test in a class in about 4 hours...yet I must render. I MUST. And, I don't think my web browser ever leaves Renderosity. :)

“Our real discoveries come from chaos, from going to the place that looks wrong and stupid and foolish.” – Palahniuk

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 4:04 AM

Yes it is addictive, sorry can't talk anymore must go render.

ilr ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 4:51 AM

Oh yeah

RawArt ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 5:59 AM

"Is poser addictive?" does a bear crap in the woods? does bread always fall butter side down? does the sun rise in the east? does vicky hang around naked in temples with a sword? ;) nuff said

PhilC ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:48 AM

Addicted?
naghhh I can quit any time I want to ;)

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

lucstef ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 6:51 AM

Well, Phil, in my case I can quit any time IT want to ;-)))

jenay ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 8:37 AM

poser is the most addictive evil drug i know ...

pdxjims ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 8:41 AM

Yes, it is very addictive. Yes, we need a support group. And we already have it. Here. I get most all the support I need for my addiction here. Between the MP, freestuff, forums, tutorials, and galleries, I can really feed my addiction well. Oh, did you mean a group to help us stop? I'm not ready yet (shudder). M3 comes out today (PRAISE TOM OF FINLAND!) Ask me again after I spend a couple of hundred bucks at Daz today.

sabretalon ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 8:50 AM

Hi, my name is sabretalon and I'm a poserholic. The only way you can stop it is to take the cold turkey route or go out stealing things to pay for your addiction, get arrested and spend some time in a cell, come out with a court order to keep at least 200 metres away from a computer. (Sits back down and rocks gently in chair)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 8:50 AM

LOL....answer to your question.....NO

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 9:04 AM

file_75496.jpg

I know I know.. I always show this image at any given occation... But it answers the question pretty nicely. Also RENDEROSITY is addictive. I outta be in bed, tending my flu, yet I'm here. Go figure...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Foxseelady ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 9:08 AM

lol ernyoka Oh yeah it's addictive, I went to bed at 6a.m cause I was reinstalling files after a reboot (trying to get the right ones so I can take a break and make something too lol) Here it is 9a.m and I had to come in and read posts I missed while filing, man am I ever going to create again he he oooohhh yeah

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 9:20 AM

What's to figure, Carolly? Obviously, you're sick! And you have the flu, to boot! :P And forget cold turkey. There have been numerous medical studies of this, and almost universally, the poor sod who tries is found huddling in a corner, unable to speak save for cryptic phrases like "Philtrum...wider...Ztrans...5 more...where's the sword...? Why are the UV's twisted? DAZrulesdazrulesdazrules". In extreme cases, the victim(s) have been known to accost strangers, frothing at the mouth, pulling off their clothes, screaming about bad morphs...although for some strange reason, if they notice the genitals of their fetish object, pleased smiles appear, and the halluncinations veer towards something about 'they finally did it right...no gen kit...I can hang Ulf's penis on the wall at last...' (repeated searches of the disturbed's domicile has yet to turn up any evidence of cannibalism or dismemberment of others, and is being invesitgated thoroughly by the medical community)...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 9:26 AM

Carolly? Carolly who? Carolly where? I may have a flu but I do not suffer from Multiple Personalities Disorder. I think... ;o) And last time I checked, I wasn't Carolly.....

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

sabretalon ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 9:30 AM

Dale b is hallucinating still, must have been talking about personal experience in last post??

Cruelty ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 10:08 AM

file_75497.jpg

Let's put it this way, I play with Poser so much my 5 year old son knows how to navigate the library, he made this entirely by himself..even the "posework"..lol He's quite the little renderer

Bigt ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 10:22 AM

Stop bothering me i'm rendering!!

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 10:30 AM

Hallucinating? I think not. Uncaffienated, yes. Exhausted, yes. BTW, watch out for that big purple spider-cat on the 7th wall. (sorry about that E1, got my nicks confused).

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 10:31 AM

Oh, and that wasn't my experience, I'll have you know. Tbey haven't taken my fix from me. So there. :P

Riddokun ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 11:22 AM

poser is the photograph-otaku wetdream :) (personnal opinion) also a strange thing, no matter WHY/what you try poser for, you soon end up making so many variosu things and discover new uses to it... that is good

noggin ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 11:41 AM

mmm Leather-Guy......cold Turkey...now there's an idea for my next model.

LaurieA ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 12:36 PM

I'd buy it! LOL ;o) Laurie

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 12:49 PM

You can get a cold turkey at DAZ, no need to do it yourself.

elgyfu ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 1:29 PM

I confess, I am hooked. I get up at 5am every morning so as to have two hours posing before everyone else gets up. And believe me, I was famous for being a late riser! My mum still can't believe it! I am a complete Poser nerd!

Kelderek ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 2:55 PM

I thought this was the support group? I just haven't figured out which of you is the therapist...

duanemoody ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 3:03 PM

Let's put it this way: I'm going on vacation to Moscow and London for three weeks in November. I dread it.

rdf ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 4:02 PM

I only asked because I have spent so much money on Poser-related stuff in the last few months I can hardly believe it. I was almost debt free 6 months ago. If I don't stop it, I'll be headed for bankruptcy in 6 more. And I don't work on my writing or my programming projects anymore. And my social life is nonexistent. And I hardly ever visit any non-Poser related sites on the net anymore. And I'm a newbie by just about anyone's standards. I dread to think how bad I'll be if I ever get any good with this stuff.

noggin ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 4:15 PM

Ah well rdf I'm afraid the answer to the financial difficulties caused by your addiction is to become a dealer.. oops sorry I meant broker. They're the really evil b*?!@+'s who drag us in to this thing__ and those guys who hang around in the freebies section offering you something for nothing..'go on its fine it won't do you any harm...'

EricofSD ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 9:30 PM

file_75498.jpg

You'll go blind staring at that Poser interface, laddie!

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 10 September 2003 at 10:50 PM

I must admit, yes. Even though threads like this come up frequently, I can't resist reading them every time, because there's always some good thinking and humor in such a thread!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

mathman ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 1:21 AM

Is Poser addictive ? ....more than addictive, I have had to get a priest out here with a crucifix and holy water ....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.