Sun, Sep 22, 2:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Replacing body parts with clothing?

tedbragg ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 7:35 PM ยท edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:24 PM

I have V2 and the sci-fi suit. I'm sick of grabbing her arm, and then yanking off the suit...UGH! Is there a way to replace her body parts with the conforming sci-fi suit? How would I do that?

Spit ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 7:42 PM

Use the heirarchy window to make her body parts invisible.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 8:10 PM

That'd just make it easier to inadvertantly select the suit. Try hiding the sci-fi suit while you're posing the underlying figure, then make it visible again when you're ready to render. Figure menu --> Hide Figure (or CTRL-H) Figure menu --> Show All Figures

tedbragg ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 9:04 PM

No no no...I want to replace her arms, legs, chest, feet etc with the sci-fi suit. Not only would this make posing easier, it'd also cut down the polycount and lighten the load in Poser. How would I make the two meshes combine? The biz suit woman has the clothes as part of the mesh... Is there a way to do this? In Poser?

amberf ( ) posted Thu, 11 September 2003 at 11:25 PM

I don't know how well it will work posing-wise or if the different parts will still weld....but.... Load Vicky, turn off IK, open up joint editor and zero figure. Import the sci-fi suit from the geometry folder (uncheck all options). Hopefully the sci-fi suit is already aligned to her...if not, you'll need to move it until it does. With the sci-fi suit selected, open up the group editor and click spawn props. Delete the imported sci-fi suit. You should now have separate props for each body part. With each prop/body part, select and then replace body part with prop. Any full body morphs will no longer work. You might also need to adjust the joint parameters after you're done. Make sure that the body part you're replacing is completely concealed by the sci-fi suit's corresponding part.

shadowcat ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2003 at 1:31 AM

import vicky's .obj file, no boxes checked use the grouping tool on her without moving her make a new group include the groups you DON'T want showing invert group (doing it backwards is faster) spawn prop delete new group now you have a prop that is properly placed, grouped & materialed delete original vicky .obj import the .obj of the clothing item you want her wearing export new prop & clothing as one .obj only box you want checked is the one to include existing group names now comes the fun, import the new .obj if you have PPP take that into the setup room & give it the bones from vicky (preferably one that already has the body morphs stripped out if you have P4 edit a vicky .cr2 (again with a stripped down version) so that the .obj it refers to is the one you just made.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.