Mon, Oct 21, 10:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Calling all Artists - How do I fix the horse (unicorn)?

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 8:40 AM ยท edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 7:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=15997

I only thought I was done:) I want to learn, I am trying to learn, now I need help in getting it right. Please tell me how to improve the look of the Unicorn/Poser Horse. Also want any other suggestion toward making this pic the best it can be. Even if it calls for post touch-up work. (There I said it. Not such a dirty word for me afterall. LOL) I think I have gone as far as I can in Poser with this one - except for maybe a better texture for the horse/unicorn. shadownet is on his hands and knees begging..."oh please enlighten me, oh please enlighten me...." Rob http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=15997

Lorraine ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 9:05 AM

Hey, I think the poser horse comment is a bit picky, but one of the things I have been working on is trying to "understand' the poser horse a bit more. One of the problems with the poser horse is that it lacks some breed definition and personality. That is no big deal since the poser dork is famous by now. There are some good morphs for the horse, (not enough but I am not bright enough to figure out all the techniques for morphing myself so I cannot complain much)...there is a larger eye morph, a dish face morph and nostril morphs, ear morphs and mane morphs. Also you need to think about how horses communicate in terms of their body language. you seem to have done pretty well with the head position. The legs around the fetlock (pastern)position looks like the horse has weight on the left leg only, so fix that and if you want to give the appearance of lifting the food shift the figure a bit to show how a horse would position their weight to lift one foot or the other. I have found that post work is needed to get the details on the poser horse, I am trying to work on some texture maps to get some different colors and markings together. Your choice of color for the unicorn is good, but you need to exaggerate the fantasy aspect at least I think so, your lady has such a beautiful outfit, you might want to play down the unicorn a bit so if that is the intent just touch it up. Also use lighting to bring the focus to one or the other figure, one is the main figure the other is secondary I cannot tell which is which. I hope this helps, I really like the picture and if you email me I will paint up the horse a bit to show you what I am talking about......as far as detail for the horse figure.....

bloodsong ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 4:14 PM

heyas; the number one morph you need for the horse is the 'fine' morph that lyne made. it's in one of her horse morph packs on poserworld. all it does is sharpen the definition of the little bones behind the eye, but it makes a world of difference.

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 27 July 2000 at 4:24 PM

Lorraine, Will do. All help appreciated! Bloodsong, thanks for the tip on my way to search for the morph file now. Rob

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.