Wed, Sep 18, 5:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:46 pm)

Subject: Mapping V2 to take V3 textures (Mac) ?

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2003 at 8:51 AM ยท edited Thu, 22 August 2024 at 4:57 PM

I'm a bit fed up with V3 at the mo and using V2 a lot again but I have some great V3 textures.

I managed to map V3 to take V2 textures...........has anyone done it the other way around so V2 can take V3 textures ? And where can I get V2 UVS ? I looked at Daz but didn't see them. Are they even available ?

And I don't use the V3/V2 character since she has no body morphs so is relatively useless for my needs IMHO.

Another way around it that occured to me to add the V2 morphs to the V3/V2 figure via MacConstructor ? I've got that but never tried it. Anyone done this successfully ?

(I did do a search of old posts but came up with no answers)

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

disneyfabfive ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2003 at 9:54 AM

Have your tried the universal texture convertor at daz. Thats what I use to convert them and it works great. I agree, I find myself using V2 a lot more then V3. Beth

Gini ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2003 at 11:45 AM

Beth- its extremely unfortunate but the universal texture converter isn't Mac compatable. I looked at that months ago and so far there are no plans to make a Mac version ! Thanks for the thought though. In my above message I now realise I'm asking about 2 separate issues and will put the Mac constructor part in a different thread- I've got a bad head cold and am not thinking real straight today !

" Try and be nice to people, avoid eating fat, read a good book every now and then, get some walking in, and try and live together in peace and harmony with people of all creeds and nations."
-Monty Python

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2003 at 5:32 PM

About UTC, I got it even though I have a Mac. I'm happy to report, UTC works perfectly in Virtual PC with no problems at all. I haven't used UTC to create MATs though. If you want to, you'll need to install Poser inside VPC to do that, and have the PC Poser's runtime exactly match your Mac's Poser runtime in order for the Mats (copied from VPC to MAC) to work properly. So far, I haven't bothered with all that mess. I would rather just have a Mat making program for the MAC, but I don't there is one. :( Anyhoo, I love UTC! I'm translating all my favorite textures with UTC. It's fun to watch the computer do all the work instead me, and the machine is much faster than I would be (even if it's slower to run UTC in VPC). UTC converted texture maps will have distortion in some places, but I figure it's easier to retouch and figure out texture placement by scratch. UTC is also a fun tool to see just how good, or not good, your purchased texture maps are, especially translating M1/M2 to M3. I'm happy most of my purchases were truely seamless, but not all of them. In fact my favorite M2 body texture was not seamless in M3. I had to retouch under the arms and along the torso sides. For any Mac user who spends a lot of time making their own texture maps, I think it would be a good investment to get UTC and run it in Virtual PC. bB

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 20 September 2003 at 5:34 PM

p.s. If you do run UTC in Virtual PC, I recommend you let run overnight, or while you're doing housechores, or at work, etc, because it's slow going. bB

Gini ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2003 at 3:49 AM

Thank you BastBlack- unfortunately I'm so completely in a Mac world I don't even have VPC ! Otherwise I would have bought the texture converter and used it that way. I can't yet justify VPC just to run Texture Converter......... LOL....I'm working on it. I need to find a way to do it manually using the UVS files like I did mapping V3 to take V2 textures. I'll get back to Daz and ask about V2 UVS files I guess. Might still end up with VPC at some point so thanks for the advice on that.

-Monty Python

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.