Thu, Sep 19, 4:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: September Challenge Entry WIP - "Little Roundtop"

sackrat ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 1:52 AM ยท edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 7:03 AM

file_77559.jpg

This image is going to be my entry into the September Challenge,...."A Page From History". It still needs a little work,.......it depicts the bayonet charge of the 20th Maine regiment against the Alabama infantry on Little Roundtop at the Battle of Gettysburg, in the American Civil War,.......or as it's known here in Virginia, "The War of Northern Agression". The central figure is Col. Joshua Lawrence Chamberlin, who won the Congressional Medal of Honor for his efforts that day, July 2nd, 1863. This scene file ended up being about 400Mb's, even with all the alpha planes,.........thanks for looking,.......TOM(sackrat).

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

Zhann ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 2:09 AM

I love the dof and shadowing, greta image!

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 2:12 AM

Very dark. It may be this monitor. Was the charge in the early morning hours? I just can't see much. I'll check it again when I get home on my own monitor.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

madmax_br5 ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 2:25 AM

Good, but the haze over the image is too strong and the details are hard to focus on. I would also suggest repacing the sun with the zenith light sytem you can download from hereL http://www.renderring.com/models/zenith.zip but that's just me cause i made it....LOL. Great image regardless.

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 2:40 AM

Excellent work sackrat! The details and DOF are wonderful. My only concern is that the blurriness of the DOF and the tone of the Confederate soldiers uniforms tends to almost hide them. Maybe just a smidge more light in the background as madmax suggested. I think this would make the soldiers stand out from the trees a little more.

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 12:09 PM

Looks great on my monitor at home! I've got to quit commenting on wips based on what I can see at work. Very nice indeed.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

woodhurst ( ) posted Thu, 25 September 2003 at 4:44 PM

wow!! this is really amazing--alot of times in 3d nature scenes (esp bryce ones) the lighting doesnt fit the atmosphere, but the lighting and atmosphere is perfect for the a forest. I was actually just reading about gettysburg and little round top--I was hoping someone would do a civil war scene. Excellent work and good luck with the contest!! Jordan

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.