Sun, Oct 6, 9:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Decisions, decisions - Stefyzz textures

AlteredKitty ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 6:21 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:22 AM

I love Stefyzz textures and have been dithering about trying to make up my mind which of the 'Gaia' textures to get. With her sale ending in a couple of days I need to get my skates on and make a decision.

They're too similar (I feel) to justify getting all four as I'd also like the two new ones she's just brought out (plus a zillion more textures by other artists - I'm sure I must have the longest, greediest wishlist here!)

I have all the base characters (V2, V3, Steph, M2, M3) so does anyone have an opion which are the nicest/most useful, and has anyone used textures for one character on another succesfully without all sorts of clever conversions or costly plugins?

V2 - Gaia
Steph - Greta
M2 - Leo or Iago

(btw: I already have Edo, Noa & Yuma if that makes a difference.)

Thanks in advance for your help, and have a happy weekend :)

My Renderosity Store

Zodo ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 7:23 AM

I bought Iago for M2 because he came with optional facial hair (unlike Leo) so that's a bonus. Gaia was the first texture I bought from her. That one is one of my favorites and can be converted to V3 pretty easily. But this was before she released her latest 2-3 textures so I can't comment on those. But those are the two I would recommend.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 7:59 AM

Can't remember the name but I bought one because it has both light and dark? Marque

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 9:53 AM

Leo and Iago are both great. Iago has facial hair options and chest hair (light), Leo is smooth. I prefer Iago, but that's just a preference. You really can't go wrong with either. Everything StefyZZ does is excellent.

Marque ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 11:21 AM

I think it was Leo, a good buy because there is a dark set and blonde set. Marque

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 12:17 PM

Leo has black and blond (light brown) versions of the eyebrows. Iago also has light and dark versions, but the dark isn't as pronounced. Leo's eyebrows are a tad funkie, just a little too high, for my taste. I lowered them in Photoshop.

xoconostle ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 1:07 PM

I've found Leo to have lots of potential for versatility. Simple morphing and change of skin tone can change "his" apparent ethnicity believeably. It's true that it's a relatively hairless texture, but I find it eaiser to add facial or body hair in Photoshop than to remove it. :-)

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 1:32 PM

I have only bought all the male StephyZ textures (Edo, Iago, Leo), so I can only give thoughts on those. If you want a male texture but can afford only one, I recomend Iago. However, if you want a texture that works for 2 models, (M2 and Steph after doing some retouching), go with Leo. The Leo texture is basically Greta adapted to M2. I believe Greta is the base texture for all Breath Generation models except Iago. So if you already have Greta, and want a totally new and unquie male texture, go with Iago. p.s. I hope StephyZ makes a M3 texture soon. :D bB

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 28 September 2003 at 1:32 PM

Yep. I've been using Leo as a base in Photoshop for a while too. He's great to tattoo and add hair to. He's also nice to use as a blend texture in P5 with another texture for tonals.

elgyfu ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 12:31 AM

I adore my Gaia texture and it looks pretty good on Mike 3 too!

Jay7347 ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2003 at 8:14 AM

Just to chip in my two cents. I don't think you can go wrong with any of Stef's textures. Not only are they all the best but she's a great merchant who backs up her product. -jay

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.