Fri, Sep 20, 5:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:57 am)

Subject: VUE4 PRO

L13RAF ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 3:13 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 4:30 AM

Dear All, Is there any need to retain VUE4 on my hard drive once VUE4 Professional has successfully been loaded and working ? Steve

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 4:11 PM

I have read, no, but if you go to e-on's site it may tell you more. Sharen

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 4:26 PM

I took my Vue4 off once I had Vue4Pro running. Don't see any need or desire to go back. Peggy

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

lingrif ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 6:24 PM

I think you should, at least for a while. Last night, I was working in Vue4Pro for the first time. I had copied all of my materials, atmospheres, objects, etc. into new directories for use by Vue4Pro. Apparently, some of the objects, materials, etc. that I have downloaded from various sites were created with Vue 3.1 or earlier. And Vue4Pro choked. It gave me (many!) error messages telling me to delete the offending files. Since I want to continue using these items, I went back into Vue d'esprit 4, opened these items and saved them. Then copied these into the Vue4Pro directories and all was fine. Tedious to be sure. But a good reason to keep Vue4 around for a while. -Lin

www.lingriffin.com

martial ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 7:02 PM

I am agree with lingif.For now ,i cannot use in VUE PRO extra vegetations i have bought before because the new version from add on folder cannot be read even after using my old serail number for decrypting it.And importing file in obj format isn't working good on my system because the associated maps are not loading with the meshes like it was doing in VUE4....But others things seems goods..for now.
I will wake to delete Vue 4 folder until i can do in Vue4Pro the same things i did in older version

lingrif ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 7:36 PM

An additional comment: Tonight I did find a reference to a conversion utility (in the manual. Sometimes it does pay to read) that will convert older Vue version files for use in Vue4Pro. It is found on the Application CD/Old Scene converter.exe. Haven't tried it yet since I don't need to convert scenes and don't know if it converts anything else. Looks a little scary to me. -Lin

www.lingriffin.com

rds ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 9:19 PM

I keep both on my hard drive no need to throw the baby out with the bath water just yet. :O) Mainly to make sure everything from V4 will work with V4P. There maybe a day in the near future that V4P will take over but not just yet. `shoop

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 12:03 AM

There is a conversion utility for converting pre Vue d'Esprit v4 to v4 for import into Vue Pro, but if you own Vue d'Esprit v4, you might want to keep it loaded so that you can open older versions, save as v4, and be capable of importing these into Vue Pro.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 12:05 AM

Should mention that E-on gives no warranties about the efficacy of that conversion utility. So, I'd stick with something that is more guaranteed to work: i.e. Vue 4.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Djeser ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 2:53 AM

Yep...I agree...I'm keeping Vue 4 on my machine.

Sgiathalaich

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 9:55 AM

I have to keep it on mine, and I would anyway for a while, but eventually it will go...of couse my Vue Pro sits nicely in it's box still until I get the go to install it....this is now getting me a little out of my happy zone, I am not paitent in waiting....I want it in there now...but oh hum I can't untill I get my mover instructions.....Sharen

gebe ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 12:21 PM

I will also keep Vue 4 on my machine. How could we answer questions of Vue 4 users if we don't?? :-)Guitta

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.