Mon, Sep 9, 5:56 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: No automated emails? Meet an Ebot and all will become clear :)

gps ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 6:56 PM · edited Fri, 06 September 2024 at 3:07 PM

file_78490.jpg

For a while now, people who've been having trouble with their automated mail have been talking about ebots as if they were actual entities, so I started to wonder... what if they were ;) Meet Ernie the Ebot, hard at work. He's just a static model (heavily influenced by Aardman Animations), made in Amapi and rendered in Poser (the closest I've come to producing a fully posable figure is a conforming boot lol), but if anyone's interested in poserizing him I can provide the model in a default pose, with the end result going into freestuff. Cheers - Graham

wyrwulf ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 7:28 PM

That's a great looking character. I've Poserized a few characters, but I'm a bit slow at it. If you don't get any other offers, I would be happy to give it a shot.

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 7:30 PM

I'll do it! Looks like fun! I'll send an IM with my email addy.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 8:12 PM

Needs trousers. :)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 8:19 PM

great bot.

maclean ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 8:40 PM

I reckon he needs a sack to carry the e-mails in. If I were feeling really cruel, I'd also say that, as a postal worker, he needs a sawn-off shotgun or an AK-47. But I'm not a cruel person, so I won't even mention it. LOL. mac

pdxjims ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 8:57 PM

Trousers????? What in heaven's name for? Unless you want gps to add an optional wrench? ...nah... he's a great model just the way he is.

MachineClaw ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 9:11 PM

I think LD was making a joke. Aardman Animations creates Wallace n Gromit and one of the titles is The Wrong Trousers where a Wallace makes a robot trousers that...errr well...if you haven't seen it, its time you did.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 9:11 PM

I was merely playing on gps' reference to Aardman Animations (Wallace and Gromit: The Wrong Trousers).

I agree; it's a fine model.

gps ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 10:03 PM

LOL, I have my 'Wrong Trousers' ceramic desk tidy sitting right next to me - check out Ernie's boots for a clear case of, er... inspiration ;)

I was thinking of equipping him with a recharging probe, but then I would have had to hit the nudity flag :)

BTW, pdxjims is currently in the process of poserizing him - cheers mate :)

Umm, is three emoticons in three sentences a sign of mental instability? :

:O

• Graham

geoegress ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2003 at 10:32 PM

cool bot :))

elizabyte ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 4:56 AM

Trousers? I think that'd be just... well... WRONG... bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 5:52 AM

I want one! :) No, ;) I don't think :D using lots 8) of emoticons :P is bad. :( It hardly affects readability at all. :) Unless you start putting them in the mi:D:Dle of words. #)

Valandar ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 8:29 AM

Heheheh... There's some obvious visual similarities to the D-Bot and the Iron Giant... So does this mean the E-bot is the "Ver 4.5" model of Daz's D-Bot? (just a joke)

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

bknoh ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 1:23 PM

I think he needs a big off/on switch. Diane

Lyrra ( ) posted Fri, 03 October 2003 at 9:55 PM

Considering how easily he gets lost I think he needs sunglasses and a cane ... Nice model :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 12:47 PM

Lyrra, That was rather too honest. ;^) I just got 16 junkmails, 3 scrolled messages from another Forum, and NO ebots. Maybe if I get a second cup of coffee, and check the mail again, the ebots will decide to deliver the messages to the right house. Considering the nature of the junkmail, somebody looking for horny mamas and spy software is sifting though all my ebots right now.... Carolly

maclean ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2003 at 2:16 PM

Hmmm.... I've had at least 20+ e-bots today. And they've been coming in like lightning as I browse the forums. mac

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.