Tue, Sep 24, 1:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:33 pm)

Subject: Newbie looking for info on reflection maps

El_Coyote ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 3:48 AM ยท edited Thu, 08 August 2024 at 2:47 AM

Hiya, all! Is there any good tutorials out there on how to create and use a reflection map? I've searched out there, and so far, I've not found anything that is useful to me. Any suggestions? And, any help would be greatly appreciated! El Coyote

genny ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 6:09 AM

Attached Link: http://www.morphworld30.com/

Try here (: genny

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 7:02 AM

great info. Sharen

Traveler ( ) posted Tue, 07 October 2003 at 7:45 AM

My info at Morph World and RDNA needs some updating. (But still a good start) A couple of things to keep in mind: -When poser 4 and ProPack (and P5 with non-ray traced reflection) figures out reflection, what it does is put a sphere around your scene. On this sphere goes the reflection map. Now it takes you models on a polygon by polygon basis and see's what part of the sphere the pologon is "pointing" at at uses that bit of the spheres map as the reflection map element of the material. -So the kind of map that you are looking for is a map that is 2 units wide by 1 unit high (For wrapping around the sphere.) -Stuff at the bottom of the map gets reflected up underneath the figure, stuff at the top of the map gets reflected down on the figure. -For realistic looking chrome, you want a map that is light at the top, and dark at the bottom. I normally use landscape and cloudy skies for the basis of maps, they give a great effect, -If you want a softer effect, blur your map. A sharper, more contrasted effect... don't blur Thats all I can think of at the moment. -Trav

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.