Tue, Oct 1, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: Python

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 12:08 AM ยท edited Tue, 30 July 2024 at 6:11 AM

Is there any way to reinstall python without reinstalling poser pro itself? I had a virus on my computer and tried reinstalling windows. Poser still works but the python scripts dont.

lynnJonathan ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 6:15 AM

Surprized python scripts dont work. They are just text files. Never heard of a virus that effects such files. Could be a Poser problem though. I think you can just reinstall or repair with Pro-Pack. You don't have to install Poser 4. Pro-Pack doesn't really take that long. A virus normally effects exe files and other application files. It would be nice if any version of Poser had a customized install like every other program out there. Especially when the installs are HUGE. I've copied the entire Poser Python folder before and the scripts all worked fine though. I've backed up my python folder too.

ockham ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 9:38 AM

There's no official way to re-install only the Python parts. Sounds like your directory structure got messed up by the virus. IM me and we can hash out the details of what the folder structure should look like......

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 11 October 2003 at 10:21 PM

The virus didn`t actually affect poser or the python installs. Reinstalling windows stopped python working some way. There must be a way to fix it. Its probably a small problem (like a registry entry) Reinstalling is not so easy I have to install poser 4 then install pro pack then install the service release 3. I will just reinstall thanks to everyone for your help.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 12:15 AM

I reinstalled everything and python works fine now. If you reinstall windows then you have to reinstall poser I tried reinstalling windows to get rid of a virus it doesn`t work. :(

ockham ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 10:56 AM

Sorry you had to go so far, but sometimes the only cure is to clean out everything!

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 12 October 2003 at 9:43 PM

It Would be a lot better if python was a seperate install. In case you accidentally delete a part or whatever. Any one writing python scripts:- it would be good if you say which version of poser the script is for. I tried using ockham`s gravity script in pro pack till i realised that it was written for poser 5.

gkruts ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 12:47 PM

Python is an open source programming / scripting language. You can get it: http://www.python.org/download/ In theory, you would just install this, and not Poser, and your scripts should up and happy, unless of course, CL modified gasp their Python compiler.

xantor ( ) posted Sat, 25 October 2003 at 3:04 PM

They might also have added scripts and stuff to make python work with poser...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.