Sat, Sep 21, 2:44 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:48 pm)

Subject: Poser 5 and Vue

gusdrum ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 9:20 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 2:28 AM

I am interested in buying Vue D Espirit, but before I have a question. The materials applied in the material room are imported with the poser scene into vue? Tanks.

Dave-So ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 10:04 PM

yes they are... there is a new patch as well, to allow p5 pz3 scene file to be imported directly into Vue..works great..allt he stuff goes right in...

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Himico ( ) posted Tue, 14 October 2003 at 11:19 PM

Dave-So,
Can we import Poser5 material into Vue with the new patch ?
I have not installed it yet.
It is great news.

Quoll ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 12:37 AM

Surprisingly enough, in my experience this feature has worked exactly as advertised! ; ) Even cooler if you have Mover 4 to bring in a whole animation,

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 7:26 AM

The dynamic hair and cloth are not working...but I think materials go in...I'll have to check that..perhaps someone else can answwer..."I've taken a couple of pz3 files into vue, but I don't remember if I used p5 materials on them....

Quoll ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 11:49 AM

I have imported an animation of Judy, and she came in with her materials perfectly.

compiler ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 1:58 PM

Well, I've tried to import a P5 scene in Vue d'Esprit 4.2 and the materials did not come as they were in Poser 5. The maps, transparencies and such were all right, but the fancy nodes (sheen, velvet...) and the procedural materials of Poser 5 were not transposed. Have you had more success with these special nodes ?

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 5:34 PM

file_80063.jpg

i just ried using a sphere with the bubble material..the transparency went over to Vue, but nothing else... Also did a cube with a glitter material from RDNA..only the color went over... So, with just those simple attempts, I would have to say that NO..pz3 import into Vue does not work with materials from P5. well..they are actually pretty complex materials LOL.. but they don't work...

Dave-So ( ) posted Wed, 15 October 2003 at 6:00 PM

file_80064.jpg

well..here's the draft render in Poser5..and the materials that were imported into Vue 4.2

Quoll ( ) posted Thu, 16 October 2003 at 12:16 AM

Well of course procedural textures are not going to transfer over. You would need the same procedural system in the other program, and that isn't the case. I'm sure e-on is only expecting image based "materials" to come over to vue, not procedurals, so I would still say it functions as expected. It's kind of a moot point to me if models come over with appropriate materials or not. From P4, there simply wasn't enough texturing capabillity to really want to recreate, and I always ended up adjusting textures to look better anyway, as well as adding diffuse values, etc. Most models in P5 don't really have that kind of information set up either, especially the "legacy" p4 models, so the same issues abound.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.